This document explains the basic concept of Document Governance with the combine feature of Digital Signature and Document Status Schema.
The digital signature signs documents digitally. This function can be used in the SAP solution implementation, enhancement and during maintenance phase of the SAP Solution. The digital signature uses an approval procedure to ensure that only authorized persons in a project can take the changes for further processing. This document explains how digital signature feature can be used for Document Status Schema along with workflow notification for Solution Manager Project documents.
- SAP Basis Release 6.20 and above.
- Good knowledge about the functionality of the Digital Signature-Tool
- Advanced experience in ABAP- and ABAP-Object-programming
- Good knowledge about the application you want to implement the signature tool
Activities need to perform
Complete all the IMG activity at Solution Manager –> Technical Settings –> Digital Signature –> Basic Settings for Digital Signature.
Read all help document carefully before start configuration and prepare your requirement document first. Then you can start this configuration.
Once you complete your basic setting you can start Signature Strategy definition.
Activity involve in Signature Strategy definition are
1. Define Authorization Groups
- Define your Authorization Group for your strategy and use to differentiate your Users.
- e.g. Define Logical User Group like Author, Reviewer and Approver or accoring to your requirement at Department, Division, Process or any other criteria.
- Use Authorization Object C_SIGN and C_SIGN_BGR and assign Respective Authorization Group to require User. By this manner only authorized user can approve the changes.
- Rolls SAP_SOL_KW_ALL, AAP_SOL_KW_DIS and SAP_SOL_KW_READ can be use here.
2. Define Individual Signatures
Assign Individual Signature to Authorization Group
3. Define Signature Strategies.
- Define Signature Strategy with the use of defined Individual Signature. You can use Signature method as R – System Signature with Authorization by SAP User ID/Password and define your release criteria.
4. Define Status and Document Status
Solution Manager –> Technical Settings –> Document Management –> Status for Documents –> Define Document Status
5. Define Document Status change Schema.
- Solution Manager –> Technical Settings –> Document Management –> Status for Documents –> Define Document Status Schemes.
- Assign digital signature strategy for document status change, end status for strategy execution and the status for cancellation/rejection.
- Set document lock status as per your reqirement.
6. Assign this Document Schema to your require document type in project. ( T.code : SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN)
After defining Signature Strategy and Document Schema you can use this functionality for Document Governance for Solution Manager Projects.
This can further control by workflow notification for each document status change. You can use events: SIGNATURE_PROCESS_START and SIGNATURE_PROCESS_CANCELLED for workflow.
Please note that there is no Standard SAP Workflow template available for this functionality in Solution Manager. So it requires to define and customize your own workflow using above detail.
Digital signature strategy trigger once document status changed from “IN PROGRESS” to “Review Release”. Reviewer will get workflow notification.
Document status changed to “Z_REVIEWED” after strategy execution at reviewer’s end and this will further trigger notification to approver.
Document status finally changed to “Z_APPROVED” after the approver’s sign.
Document is now locked for further processing or edition as per document status schema.
This document explains basic information of Digital Signature and Document status schema and how you can use the same for document governance with workflow notification.
Below link give you a in depth detail for Signature Strategy configuration
He is part of TCS Run SAP CoE Team having expertise in SAP Solution Manager Functionalities from ALM & RSlaF like Solution Documentation, SoDocA, Job Scheduling Management, Test Management, BPCA, BPMon, BP Analytics, and Dashboards.