How to Add Custom attributes of MDG-F Entities to Search application
It is a very common requirement of many customers to extend the MDG data models based on their specific requirements.A document is already available in SCN which gives detailed information about extending the MDG-F data models and extending the single processing UI with the custom attributes.
However , it is often also needed to extend the entity search application as well with the custom attributes so that the users can search the data based on these custom attributes.As the MDG-F UIBBs are modelled and not generic , any custom attribute has to be added via customizing
This document explains the steps to add the custom attributes to the entity search applications of MDG-F entities in MDG 7.0 SP02 version using the Customizing option.
Type 1 Entity CELEM(Cost element) is used for example in this document. It is already extended by a custom attribute YYACTVATD.
1. Finding the configurations related to search application
The first step is to know the configuration for search application. The UI configurations related to various entities could be found by executing the activity Manage UI Configurations in MDGIMG.
The corresponding component configuration MDGF_0G_CELEM_OVP contains the pages for Search application and single processing UI
The search applications related to all MDG-F entities could be found in a similar way.
2. Extending the search criteria
- Go to SE80 , select Webdynpro component FPM_SEARCH_UIBB and open the corresponding search configuration by clicking on Display configuration
- Create customizing as shown below
- In the next screen , add the custom field in the Search criteria
3. Extending the Result list
- The result list can be extended by customizing the corresponding list configuration by following similar steps mentioned above
After performing the above steps , the custom attributes could be seen in the search application.