Support Without Incidents
The solution to your issue may already exist, be documented and ready for you to apply.
Tips on how to search for your particular problem are provided in
- The blog How to use SCN search
- KBA 1921704 – Knowledge Sources for SAP Products
- KBA 1054121 – The SAP Ecosystem in a Nutshell
- KBA 1823428 – How to figure out the right component for notes/KBA search and support messages
Interaction Center Documentation
Blogs, Webinars, Business Transformation Studies and White Papers/ Articles on Interaction Center can be accessed from the Interaction Center Overview
Popular Interaction Center Documentation includes:
- KBAs, Notes and Other Stuff for CRM IC
- Tips and Tricks – Troubleshooting CRM (Interaction Center)
- Tracking Customer Interactions, a New Feature and “End is your friend”
- Everything you need to know about the Interaction Record in the CRM Interaction Center
- Understanding the Behaviour of CRM UIU Views in IC
- KBA 1836437 – How to step up an IC Agent role – technical prerequisites from customizing point of view to prevent errors
- KBA 1770103 – How to ensure that a business transaction is offered for creation in CRM IC Webclient (transaction type selection popup)
- New Functionality for Interaction Center with SAP CRM 7.0 Enhancement Package 2
- New Functionality for Interaction Center with SAP CRM 7.0 Enhancement Package 3
Automated Note Search Tool
Automated Note Search Tool (ANST) is very useful where you need a quick solution.
This can be done by accessing ANST where you can specify the program or transaction or any other possible options available and start the issue replication process. Once the issue is replicated, it will generate a trace that is grouped based on SAP application components which encompasses all the ABAP objects used/executed during the replication. Once the trace is generated, you have options to:
- Search for SAP notes
- Problematic Custom Codes
- Missing Customizing Entries
- Possible list of ABAP objects from which you can choose appropriate objects to start debugging
For more information please see KBA 1818192 – FAQ: Automated Note Search Tool
Support With Incidents
In order to quickly review an issue in SAP Interaction Center the following information is required by support.
As for all issues a detailed description of the issue you are seeing is necessary.
If possible a document containing screenshots is very helpful.
- Please provide details on your release and the version of BBPCRM.
- Many solutions which include code changes are released as SAP Notes and then included in the next version of BBPCRM so this can determine if a particular fix is already included on your system or not.
- To find the BBPCRM version go the Backend of the relevant CRM system and select System -> Status.
- In the pop up select the magnifying glass icon for Component Information.
- Scroll to BBPCRM
- The highest Support Package on the system is displayed in the format SAPKU<Release><Level> ie SAPKU70107
- Let us know the Business Role for which the issue occurs.
- Test if the issue also occurs in Non-IC Roles. This will help determine if the issue is an IC specific issue or not. By determining if an issue specific to IC will help route the Incident to the correct Support Engineer.
- When granting access via remote connection please ensure the logon user has access to the relevant Business Role.
- Is the problem is reproducible when you switch off the customer enhancements or configuration by help of user parameter “WCF_IGNORE_ENHANCEMT” as explained in SAP Note 1311966 – Switching off customer enhancements for symptom analysis?
- This can quickly determine if the root cause of an issue is caused by customer enhancements/ customizing or standard SAP delivery
Please include the following connections:
- Backend (R3) system connection.
- Http connection or wts connection. For framework issues or issues which only occur on a particular browser a wts connection is best.
- Web-UI access for the relevant Business Role.
When this information is included in an incident it will allow analysis without delay thereby ensuring prompt resolution.