When designing a workflow in HR , we have various ways to define a Workflow Rule, A WF Rule is way which is used at runtime to determine the approver of the task. Assume the scenario of Leave, Lets say Leave should goto HR Admin for Approval and we may have different HR Admins for different departments. In such case there can be many ways to achieve this
1. We can create a Function module for reading HR Admins and link the same to a custom rule and call it inside the workflow, which I am sure some of us may know
2. A Z table can be maintained and same can be read in a function module of a custom rule.
3. We can hardcode position of HR Admin if it is a fixed person etc.
But in this document, I will show a simple and easy to maintain and less frequently used concept which is called as Responsibility
Steps to create a rule using Responsibility Category
1. Goto Transaction PFAC and click on create
2. Enter Name and description of the rule and select Category as Responsibility as shown in the screenshot below
3. Goto Container Tab and create a field which should be criteria to distinguish, like if you want to have company code wise different HR Admins then create a container element with types as company code as shown below
4. Goto Responsibility Tab and assign individual agents to different company code, and remember this can direcctly can be done in production too… hence it is more flexible ann can be achieved with any ABAP code..
Step below, create a entry for a company code say ABC
Once ABC company code is entered, Save the changes and perform the following step
Select the responsibility which is just create where company code is entered as ABC and click on the Agent assignment icon which shall Add the Agent as per your requirement for the following company code.
After this you can enjoy ABAP Free Agent Assignment Rule with a flexibility to change as and when required.