SAP HANA Innovation Award 2015 is back – bigger and better!
Are you a customer using SAP HANA to transform and re-imagine your business? Have you built an innovative application using SAP HANA? If so, then the SAP HANA Innovation Award is an opportunity for you to share your story, gain international recognition and showcase your innovation at SAPPHIRENOW + ASUG ANNUAL conference.
The SAP HANA Innovation award is designed to honour our customers who have found innovative ways to use SAP HANA to drive business value. This prestigious award recognizes in a very public way your success and innovation with SAP HANA, as well as supports important charities that are making a difference for our world. Submit an entry that tells us how SAP HANA has positively impacted your company on http://innovation.saphana.com before April 5th.
Highlights from 2014
Before I present the details of 2015 award, I want to take a moment to share some of the highlights from last year by listing a few of the top links that capture the spirit and excitement of the award and which I invite you to re-experience:
- Read the SAPInsider Interview with Ken Tsai from SAP who envisioned the award and tasked me with the challenge. He shares the concept and format for the award and the reasons that made the winners stand out.
- Watch the short 3-minute HANA Montage video to hear first-hand from customers the value that they have gained by using SAP HANA or explore 2014 entries – every one of these customer submissions use storytelling to share their use cases and serve as inspirational examples of the possibilities of using SAP HANA– not just the impact to their organizations but individuals aka the “Human Impact”
- Read my Wrap-up blog – The 2014 award was the next step in my personal journey of articulating the business relevance of SAP HANA by crowd-sourcing HANA use cases from real-customers rather than the art of the possible and using the power of word-of-mouth marketing to engage the community
2015 Key facts – why and by when to enter
Customers in 31 countries can enter. Government organizations can direct the charitable donations but are not eligible to receive a pass to Sapphire or voucher. ** The list of charities will be pre-selected by SAP
This year we have built on the success of 2014 and added a few new elements to not only make it bigger but also improved areas based on your feedback.
- The categories have been aligned the categories to use cases:
Analytics Wizard – Providing Real-time analytics to empower workforce and customers. If you are using BI tool with SAP HANA or BW on HANA or have built Data Warehouse of Datamart powered by SAP HANA to provide contextual insights at the right time within and/or beyond enterprise boundaries then participate this category
- Process Simplifier – Operating Business Critical Processes in Real-time. If you are using a HANA Powered Application such as BPC on HANA, Suite on HANA or Simplified Finance to optimize your business operations then enter in this category
- Technology Trailblazer – Harnessing technology innovations such as Big Data or Internet of Things for breakthrough results. If you are using SAP HANA’s advanced capabilities to uncover new insights and transform them into profitable actions then choose this category
There are 2 streams within each category
Business Scenario stream: For customers that are receiving business value with SAP HANA with a go-live date of Jan 1, 2013 or later (this is the same as last year)
- Business Application stream: For customers that have developed an innovative custom application with SAP HANA, either in production or in Proof of Concept/Prototype (this is new)
- In keeping with the original spirit of the awards as a grassroots-driven campaign to foster the sharing of ideas for innovation with SAP as the facilitator of this exchange, the 3 entries with most votes in each category-stream will be selected as finalists (maximum 18)
- A Panel of judges review finalists and select 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners (either on-site at SapphireNOW or off-line) using the following judging criteria
- Human Impact of HANA
- Innovative Use case
- Use of SAP HANA capabilities (IT architecture and key features)
- Business or social value achieved or expected
- Contribution to IT’s priorities
- Degree to which the entry exemplifies the criteria
- Public vote
How to enter
1. Create a video or write a blog post using storytelling to explain how you are using SAP HANA
2. Complete the entry form on innovation.saphana.com and include:
- Choose the category-stream that you are entering
- An executive summary of your use case
- What business and technical challenges you faced
- Highlight impact for workforce, partners, customers
- Describe impact to your business or society. Consider both qualitative and quantitative measures
- Provide technical details and impact e.g data size,compression rate, performance and productivity, improvements, hardware configuration, # users
- If you are submitting under the ‘Business Application’ stream, provide details such as: Why did you built a custom application, key stakeholder that sponsored the development, how important the solution is your company and why did you selected SAP HANA to develop the custom application?
3. To increase your chances of winning: promote, promote, promote your entry so that you secure the necessary votes from the community to be selected as one of the 3 finalists in the category-stream that you are participating in.
Last but not least we also have prizes for:
SAP User Groups
The SAP User Group with the most submissions will be eligible for special recognition by SAP at the SAPPHIRENOW + ASUG ANNUAL CONFERENCE occurring May 5th-7th, 2015.
Partners are also encouraged to submit entries on behalf of their clients. If a client wins, the associated implementation, strategy or technology partner named in the submission will receive a commemorative SAP HANA Innovation Award partner plaque for their contribution
Join the conversation on twitter #HANAStory
Follow me .@rukso