How to know which user is BPC Service User – BPC NW 10.0/10.1
As you know, BPC Service User is very important because some tasks are done by BPC Service User instead of BPC User you logged on. For example, when you process dimension, there will be a job created by BPC Service User. If SAP_BPC_SERVICE role is not assigned to BPC service, you may encounter errors.
You want to know which user is your BPC Service User. Normally, people often use BPC_SERVICE as the BPC Service User. However, the BPC user name may be different depends on what user you created.
Now, let’s see how to find our which user is your BPC Service User.
- Execute transaction code SPRO.
- Click SAP Reference IMG->Expand Planning and Consolidation.
- Click Execute button next to Set Global Parameters.
- Find field name RFC_DESTINATION and remember the value of this parameter. (If this parameter is not maintained, you need to maintain it by following the BPC installation guide.)
- Execute transaction code SM59.
- Expand ABAP Connections folder.
- Double-click the connection with the same name in step 4.
- Open tab Logon&Security.
- The user maintained here is the BPC service user.
By the way, to trouble shoot the BPC issue, after step 7, I suggest you perform Connection Test and Authorization Test by going menu Utilities->Test.