UA Latin America is pleased to share with you the launch of the SAP Study Group at Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (UPC). The event took place on February 5th at UPC campus Monterrico in Lima (Peru).
More than 100 people registered to the event, where we had around 80 participants actually joining. We had students from Engineering and from Business careers as well as recent graduates.
The event lasted more than 2 hours and covered:
- The introduction of the Study Group done by Rosario Villalta (Director of the School of Computer and Systems Engineering)
- Overview of SAP Solutions, MOOCs and guidance on how to select areas of focus of the study group, done by me (Ruth Zamudio). As a SAP Consultant, I also share my own experience. Guided the students on why SAP is important (with a Latin America focus), discussed the trends and informally introduced the upcoming HCP Competition and Lumira Challenge.
- Presentation of HANA research project performed by former UPC students in collaboration of SAP Customer, Topitop
- SAP Partner, Top Consulting, presented the SAP case in Peru
- IBM Peru, introduced the company and the type of work they do.
Right after the event, very interested students started organizing themselves on the next steps for the execution of the SAP Study Group @ UPC.
Some Social Media news: Twitter