This document helps you to move a file from BW application server to BPC 10.0. I came upon this requirement when I had to load files from a Datastage server to BPC, for this we can actually use Data Manager Packages available in BPC but they only support FTP (File Transfer Protocol). My requirement is to load using SFTP protocol which was not possible using Data Manager Packages in BPC. Below are the steps to follow to achieve the current requirement:
1) First place the file from Datastage to BW Application server. For this first I copied the csv file from Data stage server to Presentation server and used a custom built program to move the file from Presentation server to BW application server. You need to create a folder in BW Application server to place the file.
2) Logon to BPC, and logon to the EPM office Add-in Excel , then goto “Run Package” and select the Data manager Package “/CPMB/IMPORT_MASTER” (Import Master data), this DMP is available in “System administration” package group.
3) Select “RUN” , then the DMP asks for “Import file” , here provide the Import file name from the BW application server eg : “/apps/sap/xfer/BWBPC….” then click on “NEXT”.
4) Here provide the Transformation file that you have already created
go to Excel, Data maanger, choose transformation file–> Validate and process T/fer file
5) Select the Dimension name in BPC to which you wanted to load the file. Specify the “Write mode” as per your requirement and then click “RUN”.
Your file will be now loaded from BW application server to BPC