Setup your SAP Web IDE on HANA Cloud Platform Part 1
In this and the next Blogs I will show you how you can set up your SAP Web IDE on Hana Cloud. I cut this in 6 parts:
part 1 this part 😉
|part 6 (old part 5)||
- SAP Web Integrated Development Environment (or SAP Web IDE) is a next-generation cloud-based meeting space where multiple project stakeholders can work together from a common web interface – connecting to the same shared repository with virtually no setup required. It includes multiple interactive features that allow you to collaborate with your colleagues and accelerate the development of your HTML5/UI5 applications.
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform is the in-memory Platform-as-a-Service offering from SAP, which enables customers and developers to build, extend, and run applications on SAP HANA in the cloud. With flexible subscription models and optional services for apps, database, and infrastructure, it provides instant access to the full power of SAP HANA.
This is the complete landscape of our model: let’s spend some words about it.
- SAP Web IDE is in the cloud: it reads the destination we define in the SAP HANA Cloud Cockpit. You may have several destinations for different scopes.
- After reading a destination, SAP Web IDE looks for the virtual system specified and tries to get the real system by examining the Access Controls specified in the SAP HANA Cloud Connector installed on the user’s local machine.
- Any Access Control in the SAP HANA Cloud Connector points to one or more resources in the physical external system. This system can be an ABAP system or any other with OData capabilities.
- You need a valid account on the https://account.hanatrial.ondemand.com portal (you can use your SCN password!).
- You will also need your SCN password. If you don’t know it, here you can reset it.
- In the next part you will install the HANA Cloud Connector. This software, at moment, is only available for 64bit platforms, so before you continue with this guide ensure you are in the proper condition. Please check also the prerequisites of it.
- Be sure to have your Internet browser up to date.
Opening SAP Web IDE for the first time
for more Informations about the new Features look here
Open SAP HANA Cloud cockpit through the link https://account.hanatrial.ondemand.com
Click on the Cockpit link
Old Way: Click on Subscriptions at the left site. In the Subsription section you will find one subscription: “sapwebide”. Click on the Application name (“webide”) of this subscription.
New Way: Click on Services at the left site. Scroll down to SAP Web IDE
Click on Open SAP Web IDE
Your SAP Web IDE tool will be launched
Entering GIT User Settings
Before SAP Web IDE tool can be used with Git, you need to provide some information related to your name and your email address.
In SAP Web IDE Click on Tools and choose Preferences
Click on Git Settings
Enter your name and your email address and click on Save
SAP Web IDE is ready, but at the moment we cannot connect to a remote systems yet.
In the next part I will show, how you can install and configure the HANA Cloud Connector.