Companies face challenges that not only affect their strategic direction and organizational structure but also directly affect their SAP® ERP Human Capital Management (SAP ERP HCM) solution.
The following business scenarios may impact your SAP ERP HCM solution:
- Expanding into new business areas as a result of mergers and acquisitions (M&As)
- Focusing on core competencies (divestments)
- Lowering operating costs
SAP Landscape Transformation 2.0 SP08 address HCM-related business transformation scenarios that require the migration of data. It provides end-to-end transformation solutions that support you with the technical data migration for the following scenarios:
- SAP ERP HCM System Merge (to unify one or more systems initiated by a company takeover)
- SAP ERP HCM System Split (to realize the setup of a legal entity after a divestiture)
- SAP ERP HCM System Carve-Out (to reduce costs for upgrade cycles or for security reasons)
- SAP ERP HCM System Integration (to simply your system landscape)
In addition, for the split and carve-out scenarios you have the possibility to upgrade to a higher release – this gives the advantage of one downtime.
SAP Landscape Transformation 2.0 SP08 provides you not only with the technical step-by-step guidance but also contains best practices and knowledgeware: The dedicated HCM Transformation roadmap guides you throughout the transformation project from a project management view, and contains in-depth accelerators and background information. The HCM Object Analysis examines the usage of SAP ERP HCM objects in your systems to give an overview of the current status. In addition, you can benefit from a broad range of standard SAP LT analyses such as Customizing Comparison, Repository
Comparison, or the Number Range Object Comparison.
An HCM transformation project can be implemented directly by your organization, or a partner organization. SAP SLO Consulting also offer a comprehensive set of services that can be tailored to your project-specific requirements.
After a successful SAP HCM transformation project, you can use the transformation solution SAP ERP HCM Data Deletion to delete HCM
data in the sender system. This is typically done as a separate project.