New Expert-Guided Implementations for SAP Solution Manager
SAP Enterprise Support Academy offers two new expert-guided implementation (EGI) topics in the area of Run SAP Like a Factory.
Management Dashboards: Getting Started and Beyond
Reporting on the collected measurement data for monitored KPI is an essential element of the continual improvement process. Management dashboards in SAP Solution Manager enable IT managers to drive value from the data available about their solution in SAP Solution Manager, and give them better control over IT. With version 7.1, SAP Solution Manager offers a dashboard framework that allows IT managers to tailor the dashboards they need for their daily work. The new three day EGI for Management Dashboards: Getting Started and Beyond provides insight into the framework and standard deliverables of SAP. Additionally, you will learn how to build your own management dashboard apps. The instructor demonstrates the development step-by-step and attendees can reproduce this in their own system.
- Installation and configuration of SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP05 or higher
- Setup of technical monitoring
- Installation of SAP Business Objects Dashboards or SAP Crystal Reports (demo version available)
The first pilot session is scheduled for March 10-12, register here.
Guided Procedures with SAP Solution Manager
For the day-to-day activities and tasks during the operations phase, SAP Solution Manager offers the so-called Guided Procedures Framework for the implementation, execution, management and reporting on standard operation procedures. The two-day EGI for Guided Procedures with SAP Solution Manager will introduce this framework. During the EGI, you will learn how to use existing (SAP-delivered) guided procedures, but also how to create your own guided procedures, how to schedule and delegate the execution of guided procedures for regular administrative tasks, how to resolve alerts from the Alert Inbox using specific guided procedures, and how to get an overview over the execution status of guided procedures. Furthermore, the configuration of the IT Task Management scenario will be demonstrated. The target audience for this EGI are SAP system administrators and IT operations managers.
- Installation of SAP Solution Manager 7.1 (Dual Stack) with at least SP12
- User with administrative authorizations available for the SAP Solution Manager (SOLMAN_ADMIN or similar)
- System Preparation and Basic Configuration performed successfully
- Optional: Managed System Setup performed and System Monitoring configured and enabled for at least one ABAP-based system
The first pilot session is scheduled for February 24-25, register here.
SAP Enterprise Support Academy offers more than 30 additional EGIs for SAP Solution Manager topics, get the full list here.