Fiori My Inbox = Approve Requests + Unified Inbox
Yes that’s what we understand from the recent webcast by SAP.
Recently My Inbox application was released. My Inbox application is a UI5 version of SBWP (SAP Inbox) with equal and close to equal functionality as of UWL.
As the help.sap page says : With the transactional app My Inbox, you can make important decisions via mobile or desktop devices anywhere and anytime. Using this app, you can process your standard and custom workflow tasks based on the decision options defined in the back-end system.
Work items appearing in your sap inbox (with more than one scenarios configured ) should ideally appear in your My Inbox applications as well .
So there are 2 major features as we see,
1. You can configure All Items Tile
2. You can configure Scenario Specific Tile.
1. All Items : Pre configured tile allows users to process all tasks configured in the backend system.
2. Scenario Specific configuration : Allows users to configure scenario specific tasks, custom workflows, Custom use cases or any other approval use case for which we don’t have a standard app.
Key Features :
Process tasks from your SAP Business Workflow, SAP Business Process Management (BPM), and 3rd party providers : Planned for Connector from SAP HANA as well
- You can define the decision options you want to display (for example, approve or reject). : Define Custom decision options
- You can perform the standard actions (for example, claim, release, or forward a request).These actions are available by default; no customizing is needed in the back-end system. : User can reserve the task or release or forward to some other user.
- You can perform mass actions, that is, process several tasks of the same type at the same time. Decisions on more than one task is now possible at once where the decision options are same.
- You can view and add comments : With the new feature, now user can add comments/notes as well. (View works in approve requests application too)
- You can view custom attributes that provide additional information about the task instance.
- You can view, upload, and delete attachments. : Now you can upload and delete attachments as well from the app itself as featured in SAP Inbox/Unified Inbox.
- You can create and manage substitution rules to manage the tasks in your absence : User can add substitutions to the approval list. By clicking on the workitem and adding substitutions at user level, we can now allow other user to take actions in our absence.
- You can send emails or post tasks on a pre-configured JAM site. : User can send emails, using forward options or share task in JAM networking site.
- You can view the business cards of the application users.
- You can browse, sort, filter, and group tasks requiring action. : User can now filter on the workitems based on Dates of requests or Priority (High, medium , Low) and take action accordingly.
- You can extend the standard application to cover additional UI or functionality needs.
- You can easily process all your tasks with the pre-configured All Items tile. : With All item tile, user can access all the workflow usecases in single app.
With some of the appealing feature which I am looking forward to are :
1. Ability to open task applications : Now using My Inbox application, upon clicking on the desired workitem, user will be navigated to the task application (SAP Transaction) which opens in a new browser tab/window. Currently this feature will be supported only for Desktops as the webdynpro applications are not supported for mobile devices and may not behave properly with Tablet screens as well.
Click on Open Task and a new window with SAP Transaction is opened.
2. Ability to open other workflow related applications from My Inbox. (App to App Navigation)
With this feature, if a user has work item for Approve purchase order application in All Items, on click of the work item , we can navigate to Approve Purchase order app directly from the My Inbox app with more details on the item level.
Also the Task Processing service to be used here will be of version 2.
With there roadmap, SAP is planning to include Outbox feature too, but I might look forward for “Workitem Executed/ Approval history” option in the current version or in near future.
My Inbox will certainly stop the usage of Fiori : Approve requests application if used widely, likely to hear that SAP is now focusing only on enhancing of My Inbox application.
More documents @ : SAP Fiori – My Inbox