You have recently upgraded the support package or upgraded your SRM systems to higher releases. You have customized offline approvals to work asynchronously but after upgrade it stopped working.
You correctly receive a mail in your inbox to approve the workitem. When you click on ‘Approve by email’ link/ button to approve or ‘Reject by email’ link/ button to reject workitem, the document is not approved and the status doesn’t change. You have correctly scheduled the job /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALGET and WF_BATCH user is corectly maintained to process the workitems, but still the workitem is not processed correctly. However, when you approve or reject from portal, you do not face any issues and document is approved or rejected correctly.
Check KBA 2072703 – Incoming offline approval emails are not processed and make sure that BADI is adjusted or all the mentioned notes are implemented correctly in your system based on your release.
In case it still fails to work, follow the below steps to troubleshoot and find the root cause.
1. Check the entry in SOIN if it is received correctly.
2. Go to report /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALGET and place a breakpoint at the first executable line.
3. Start debugging the report by changing the sy-uname to the WF-BATCH user name as in the SOIN Recipient entry.
4. Check if GT_FOL_CONT has entries corresponding to #EBP_GEN_REPLY#
5. Place a breakpoint at PERFORM inbound_execute and continue the analysis
The debugger should stop at the breakpoint. From here it can be analysed as to why the inbound processing is failing.