Love summer. The Boxing Day Test, shortly followed by the Australian Open, good times!
For over 40 years, SAP has helped businesses play the game better. Now, SAP is taking its expertise in business to the business of sport.
A new partnership with the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) means that SAP is helping the world’s female tennis stars, play better too.
If you love sport and innovation, fresh off the back of Serena Williams sixth Australian Open singles crown, I encourage you to join us on Tuesday, February 17, for a webcast:
“SAP changes the way tennis is played with Game Changing Insights” Register here
The WTA is the global leader in woman’s professional sports with more than 2,500 players from 92 nations. The 2015 WTA competitive season kicked off with the Brisbane International and SAP is providing in depth analysis and statistics for all 54 events during the season.
There are three parts to SAP’s relationship with WTA:
- The player community – actionable insights for players and coaches. Last year, the BBC called it “tablet tennis“
- The media – we provide the media with detailed statistics so they can tell the tennis story better
- The fans – we are building on what we have done for the Sony Open, where SAP has provided the official mobile application
Game Changing Insights Webcast – Topics:
Leading the development partnership from the SAP side is Australia’s Jenni Lewis, SAP Technical Lead, SAP Global Sponsorships. Take a tour with Jenni under the covers of these exciting new applications and see:
- How real time data is loaded instantly from Hawkeye and Umpire PDA’s
- How Analytic dashboards have been developed for Player Analytics: using SAP BI Suite, Backend – SAP HANA Cloud
- WTA Reporting: Frontend – SAP BI Suite, Backend – SAP BI Suite, Database – SAP HANA Cloud
- Coaching App – HANA Cloud Platform Application viewed on an mobile device
- Infographic and Tournament Insights for the media : Frontend Lumina , Backend – SAP HANA Cloud
Webcast: SAP changes the way tennis is played with Game Changing Insights
Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Time: 2PM AEDT (Syd/Mel)
SAP is proud to partner with premiere organisations such as the Women’s Tennis Association.
I hope you can join us to learn more about these exciting innovations and explore how you can apply these lessons in performance analysis and actionable insights!
Learn more about SAP & Tennis here
Follow @SAPANZ for the latest news & events