Virtual SAP TechEd – HANA Live w/ Analysis Office Lumira
This was my second virtual SAP TechEd session. This time I took EA264 “SAP HANA Live Customizing & Consumption of Standard Information Views”. I took a similar session last year Sharing the Knowledge – SAP TechEd HANA Live Using Design Studio
Last year we used Analysis OLAP and SAP Design Studio. This year, the BI tools were launched from inside the SAP HANA Live browser application. You can watch the accompanying lecture session here: EA264 – SAP HANA LIVE – Customizing and Consumption of Standard Information Views: Hands-on Session | SAP TechEd &&…
This week’s session went much smoother than last week’s SAP TechEd Doesn’t End – Virtual TechEd Design Studio with HANA Live
I didn’t experience any logon issues, I had no technical or keyboard issues.
The above is a screen shot of one of the exercises against an SD Billing view. This reminds me of a very nicer-looking SE16N view inside your SAP ERP system.
The exercise has you explore the different options of the HANA Live views. The above image reminds me of SE36 inside SAP ERP, looking at the relationship of the logical database.
A nice feature is the ability to launch Analysis Office from within the HANA Live view. There’s no need to separately launch Analysis Office, set up the connection, re-logon with your password, etc.
The exercise has you add and remove rows in the Analysis Workbook.
Figure 5 is the end result of the launching Lumira icon from Figure 3. I am not sure why but the only option was to share the visualization/story to Lumira Server.
I am looking forward to learning more at BI 2015 and these upcoming ASUG webcasts:
- Feb. 17: Best Practices and Additional Visualization Options for SAP Design Studio
- March 18: Building Real-Time Visualizations with Design Studio and SAP Event Stream Processor
- May 13: World Premiere of Design Studio 1.5
- June 2: Best Practices for Data Visualization and Dashboard Design with SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio
- June 10: Moving from BEx Tools to Analysis and Design Studio: Question & Answer Session
- July 14: Run the SAP Business Suite on HANA Enabling Real Time Reporting Using HANA Live