GDS Outbound Process – Item Register and Publish in 1Sync
GDS Outbound Process
This blog explains about the GDS outbound process/steps involved in GDS Item registration and publishing in 1WorldSync.
1WorldSync is the Product information network and data pool solutions provider, certified within GS1 Global Data Synchronization Network(GDSN).It supports GS1 Standards, the global standards for identifying, capturing, and sharing product information.
- When a trade item is created, changed, or published by a user GDS CORE performs a validation and retrieves all the data for the item if it meets the criteria for export
- GDS CORE then passes on the data to the JPR layer for outbound processing
- The JPR layer then sends the message to PI using a JAVA proxy call
- PI transforms the data from an MT_TradeltemExport message to a CatalogueRequest
- The CatalogueRequest message is sent to the 1 sync data pool server via AS2 adapter.
Points to Remind
- In SAP PI standard SAP GDS Content is being used, PI GDS outbound mapping is further customized based on business requirements.
- 1World Sync xml guide has to be referred for mapping purpose to link the correct attributes – attr,attrmany, attrgroupmany etc…
- In case of incorrect mapping the item has been rejected in 1World Sync and returns a acknowledgement message with “Invalid XML Message”.
- Message can be grouped together with specific to Target market and IPGLN (Information provider GLN).
- 1 World Sync will provide Unique user id for each Target market.
- User id has to be maintained in SAP GDS Parties table .
Please feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments!!
Follow me on Google+