Hello PD friends, users, customers and co-workers!
Welcome to the first (and hopefully not last) edition of the PowerDesigner News Network monthly to quarterly review. I have created the PDNN with a few goals in mind.
- Highlight new and improved features and fixes in the latest release
- Share popular SCN discussions
- Links to the top KBAs (Knowledge Base Articles)
- Miscellaneous PD information
I’m also open to any ideas, so please share them with me if there is something you’d like to see as a feature of the PDNN.
Let’s get started with the latest release of PD, 16.5 SP04 PL03. Available since January 23rd, 2015, SP04 PL03 is the follow up to the highly successful SP04 PL02 release from December 3rd of last year. Don’t worry if missed out on PL02 as you can go right to PL03 from 16.5 SP04. Confused by all the SPs and PLs? In case you are, here’s a simple way to look at the upgrade path using a Diagram made in PowerDesigner.
I find that pictures help me to understand it better and I hope they do for you as well. You may also want to check out this excellent blog on Understanding EBF/Service Packs!
Now that we’ve upgrade to the latest release here’s the list of fixes in 16.5 SP04 PL03:
This release fixes the following Change Requests:
#649575 T0 not possible to add interface or class to component
#741450 T2 AMC PROXY: we create a PowerDesigner key when we define instance of proxy
#762650 T0 GetModelList Perf: Apply Model Changes to DB window tales a huge time to display
#766533 T1 VBS: RegenerateMoDel() does not preserve modifications
#769169 T1 Check In model – Folder list does not get populated
#774832 T2 Netezza column comments are not reversed using a data source
#775013 T3 Row permission: changes on search condition are not detected
#775574 T3 Column selection of Traceability Matrix View in RQM not working
#775717 T2 DB2MVS10: display the owner of table on which the row permission is created
#776008 T1 Oracle: PK partitions lost after reverse
#776021 T2 Table shortcut doesn´t appear consistently in Merge Window comparison
#776324 T1 Generate XML Model from PDM crashes PD
#776902 T1 SP04 PL02 – 64 -bit proxy included in 32-bit PL
#777365 T2 HANA missed the unique index in DLL generation.
#777380 T3 Gen DB: generate FK only and multiple files – empty create table files generated
#777682 T0 VBS: Model changes are not applied to target model calling RegenerateModel()
For more detail on these, you can open the latest TCH_1654 file located in your PowerDesigner directory. Since I’m using the 32-bit version my file is fileTCH_1654.4581.txt. The 64-bit one may have a different 4 digit extension.
If you haven’t made the leap to 16.5 SP04, here are the new features you are missing out on:
New Web Client: PowerDesigner Web
New Enterprise Architecture Model Features
- PowerDesigner now supports the modeling of EA initiatives in the form of
programs and projects.
- EAM processes can now contain sub-processes and sub-process maps to support the
construction of multi-level EAM process maps.
- EAM role associations (which model connections between people, organization
units, and roles, and various EA objects) can now be displayed in diagrams.
New Business Process Model Features
- PowerDesigner now supports generation to and reverse-engineering from SAP BPM
v7.3 and higher and Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler for both the BPMN 2.0 Executable and
BPMN 2.0 Descriptive language variants
New or Enhanced DBMS Support
- Greenplum v4.2
- Hadoop Hive v1.0
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
Popular SCN discussions
- Composite keys : Problem when Generate CDM to LDM
- Migrate SQL Server database to SAP Hana
- Comparison to PD to Teradata Tables
TOP KBAs (Knowledge Base Articles)
- 1865244 – SYB: Obtaining a Floating License for Sybase PowerDesigner Using Static Ports
- 1872058 – Unable to view diagrams in the Portal – Message: Adobe SVG viewer in is needed
- 1871687 – Cannot connect to the license server. Licensing error -15,570 – PowerDesigner
The Miscellaneous Section!
Having trouble searching for a solution while creating an incident? If so, please read this great informative blog by support’s own Beverly Duquette. It takes you through the steps to search and find that KBA that will get you back in business!
That about sums it up for the first edition of the PDNN. If you are still reading this, I congratulate and thank you for your time. 🙂
Until next time, good luck out there Designers!