New Fiori Apps for HCM
Last week, we released 9 HCM apps for Employees and Managers with Fiori Wave 7. The HCM apps have been bundled and are delivered as SAP Fiori for SAP ERP HCM 1.0. The bundle includes the apps
- People Profile
- Employee Look-up including organizational view
- My Team Calendar
- My Leave Requests (Version 2)
- My Timesheet (Version 2)
- My Paystubs (Version 2)
- My Benefits (Version 2)
- Approve Leave Requests (Version 2)
- Approve Timesheets (Version 2)
The first 3 apps are completely new apps. The other six apps which are indicated as version 2 are revamped versions of the existing HCM Fiori apps. The version 2 enhancements reflect the customer feedback we had received for the existing apps.
Now let’s take a closer look at the new apps.
1. People Profile
People Profile enables employees to display an overview of their own information. They can also view their company profile, organizational and communication details as well as navigate to the employee hierarchy.
Depending on configuration, a user can see:
• Personal information
• Missing/incomplete time recording and the next upcoming leave
• Own pay slips
• Own salary and bonus information
• Upcoming courses
• Qualifications and skills information
• Performance information
• Progression in the company
For customers who are on SAP enhancement package 7 of SAP ERP 6.0 SPS02 or higher, the following additional features are available
• Managers can view notes they have created in the Employee Profile
• Managers and Employees can view notifications
The People Profile includes different sections for What’s New, Talent information, Compensation, Notes, and Personal Information. The user can either scroll down or directly jump to another area by clicking/tapping on the section headers at the top. As the user scrolls down, the header area shrinks to a single line in order to save screen space.
From the People Profile app, a user can directly access other apps
• Employee Lookup
• My Timesheet (Version 2)
• My Leave Requests (Version 2)
• My Paystubs (Version 2)
2. Employee Lookup
In the Employee Lookup app, users can search for an employee and view
• the employee’s organizational and communication details
• the reporting line of the selected employee
• the employee’s direct reports
After launching the app, the user can either search for an employee or view his/her own team.
Both options offer an org chart view with the option to navigate up and down the reporting line.
3. My Team Calendar
In the Team Calendar app, users can view the upcoming leaves and trainings of their peers or direct reports. The team calendar also displays working and non-working days and holidays of the peers or direct reports. By default, only those employees who have events are shown, with an option to display all employees.
On a desktop or tablet, a period of 2 weeks is shown, whereas 1 week is displayed on mobile devices.
What is required to install SAP Fiori for ERP HCM 1.0?
The blog What’s new in ‘SAP Fiori for SAP ERP HCM 1.0’ provides information on the required add-ons and roles.
Where to Find Additional Information?
Additional information is available here
- Installation Information – SAP Fiori for SAP ERP HCM 1.0 – SAP Library
- Release information note for SAP Fiori for ERP HCM 1.0
- Migration note from Version 1 to Version 2
In our next blog, we will talk about the enhancements in the six version 2 apps. Stay tuned!