We are relatively new to BODS and could use some guidance. Our request seems simple but we have not yet been successful in trying to pass a value from our CPS scheduler job to a BODS program. Was hoping someone might be able to suggest how to do this:
- We created a job in BODs and have successfully run the Export Execution command which created our *.txt and *.bat file
- Within the BODs job is a global variable $G_Sourceid. We would like to pass an external value to this parm prior to execution
- We are using SAP’s CPS scheduler to kick off the job
- In our CPS job we coded one command line that looks something like: “\\<server>\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\JB_test_our_program.bat”
- We have tried the following with no success:
- edited the *.txt file and set the -GV”$G_Sourceid=;”
- edited the *.txt file and set the -GV”$G_Sourceid=&1;”
- removed the -GV command from the *.txt file and tried to send it via the CPS command. EX:\\<server>\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\JB_test_our_program.bat” “-GV<G_Sourceid=oursourceidvalue>”
- tried to send it via the CPS command. EX:\\<server>\ProgramData\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\JB_test_our_program.bat” “-GV<&1=oursourceidvalue>”
Any idea how can we send or replace the value in the variable $G_Sourceid from the CPS job? We are not sure if we need to fix this on the BODS side prior to running the Execute or if we need to provide something in the Global Variable at the time of the Execute or if need to provide something additional from the CPS job.
Has anyone tried this before and if so any chance you could share some coding examples?
Thanks in advance!