SAP APO SAP PM Integration
This document should be used as a reference to understand the SAP APO <> SAP PM Integration which will allow for the maintenance orders to be reflected on the APO Planning Board. The maintenance orders on the APO Planning Board are to request for capacity to be blocked on the production work center for maintenance as well as providing visibility to the maintenance schedule.
Requirement: The Production Planners to have visibility of planned maintenance work against the production resource and the Maintenance Planners to have visibility to the APO planning board so they can schedule the maintenance work based on the availability of the production resource.
Below steps enable the setup required to fulfil the above requirement.
- Identify the maintenance order types which need to be sent to SAP APO.
- On the ERP side for SAP PM you need to maintain the Production (PP) Work Center on the Equipment master record (transaction code IE02).
- The PP Work Center will go in the Work Center field on the Location tab.
- The PM Work Center is in the Main Work Center field on the Organisation tab.
- Configure and setup the CIF in SAP APO (CIF is the interface which enables data to be exchanged between SAP APO and SAP ERP system).
- CIF needs to be setup with the Order Types which are identified to be reflected on the APO Planning Board as well as the System Condition field and any other relevant selection criteria.
- Note: The way we had it setup was that if the System Condition field was set to ‘0’ (not in operation) by the user then the maintenance order will be displayed on the APO Planning Board. For us setting the system condition field was a manual job.
You do not want to flood the APO planning board with all maintenance orders hence, the need to manage it through the System Condition field manually and only reflecting those maintenance orders where there is a need for the production equipment to be stopped for maintenance.
- Below screenshots show how the APO Planning Board will look if the System Condition was set to ‘0’ on the maintenance order, then if it was set to ‘1’ and finally, if the system condition was just left blank on the maintenance order.
- After the setup is complete and the integration between SAP APO and SAP PM is working you need to look at granting display only access to PM planners to the APO planning board through the following two transaction codes:
- /SAPAPO/RES01 – Resource-Production Resource Display
- /SAPAPO/CDPS0 – Detailed Scheduling Planning Board
The above setup will allow the Production Planners to have visibility to the maintenance schedule as well as the Maintenance Planners to plan maintenance around the Production Planning Schedule.