GDS Inbound Process and Tips
GDS Inbound Process:
In this blog we will see the process used to send data from SAP MDM to SAP GDS. SAP GDS will receive Product/Materials information from SAP MDM or SAP ECC. All the GDS relevant data that is required to create items in GDS is entered in SAP MDM product and sent from MDM 7.1 to GDS 2.1 via PI.
The Product Global Master Data repository in MDM is a custom built repository.
- MDM Adapter is used in PI to receive the data from SAP MDM.
- GDS Standard content (XML structure) has to be used in PI to send the data to GDS.
- Registering Inbound Interfaces of SAP GDS – Refer the blog GDS Overview and Technical Guide for PI.
- Product Information details are sent from MDM Product Global.
- PI picks the files using MDM/File Adapter and transform the message to GDS understandable format – MT_Trade Items XML Message.
- MT_TradeItem message is sent to GDS Via Java proxy Run time call.(XI Proxy adapter is used )
- JPR Layer in SAP GDS Performs Pre validation and then passes on the data to GDS core component.
- The GDS core components apps drives the creation/Modification of the item by invoking MDM Java API to make calls to the MDM server and get the status for the transaction.
- Status and details for the transaction execution are then added to the process logs.
Points to remind
- GTIN, Information Provider GLN and Target Market are the mandatory attributes required in GDS to determine whether the item is New/Modified.
- GDS will insert/update the item based on the uniqueness of GTIN, IP (Information Provider) GLN and TM( Target Market).
- GDS custom attributes creation should follow the standard SAP naming conventions, it should start with Z<Attribute NAME>.
- Any new creation or modification of the GDS table requires GDS console and server restart for changes to be effective.
- Custom attribute mappings should be handled under custom elements in the PI mappings.
- CustomGenericElement,CustomLookupElement,CustomLanguageElement and CustomQualifierRecordElement are the types of GDS custom attributes.
- Table code, Field code and reference path to be mapped with reference to SAP GDS attributes.
- IP GLN key values mapping should be maintained in SAP GDS Parties table.
- Key and value attributes in the PI Mappings to be mapped accordingly.
- GDS Key value mappings are case sensitive, if hard coded in PI it should be case sensitive same as GDS.
- If key value mapping is not maintained in GDS the item will throw warnings and we can see it in GDS Process logs.
Next blog will discuss about the GDS export Process –GDS Outbound Process – Item Register and Publish in 1Sync
Please feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions in the comments!!
Follow me on Google+