Many times we faced requirement where we want to show a dialog and capture some details from that…
This is not provided on Agentry 6.1.0 (tested with Agentry 6.1.3 WPF client) because if we choose screen type to display a Transaction, then Overlay feature is not provided. (as shown below in image)
But this can be achieved by following a trick as mentioned below…
Follow normal procedure for creating a Screenset and screens to capture trasaction details..
1) Create a Screenset which will display a transaction.(Displays : Transaction)
Here I have created a screenset to capture customer details..
2) Then create a transaction step for this…
3) Trick is to create a dummy screenset to show as dialog then include another screen in that to show transaction. As shown below
a. Create a dummy screenset which will be shown as dialog…(since it displays object it can be shown as dialog)
b. Choose ipad/android platform and Give your settings for dialog size.
(don’t forget to check “ScreenSet.ini” file for corresponding platforms screens preference entry is available for the platform that you are targeting)
c. Add a detail screen for that platform and create a field on that screen as shown below….(Field edit type : Tile Edit)
d. Give corresponding details for this edit tile as shown below…
These will show your screenset for capturing transaction details.
Here Tile target is Main-object since it contains target collection…
e. Now create an action to navigate to corresponding dialog scree on a button click….
4) Now create a button on click of which this action will be called and will show up a dialog as shown below…
Enter your details and click on finish button…it will update that value in target collection or object.
Unresolved Issue’s : But still there are some problems with this type of approach.
1) Corresponding dialog do not gets closed after you pressed Finish button.
2) You will have to press cross mark (close ‘X’) for closing that dialog screen.
Working on these issues to see if any workaround is possible…
Thanks & regards,