On Wednesday January 21st we held our SAP Corporate Education Session as part of SAP’s 2014-2015 Fuqua Marketing Club sponsorship. A brief summary follows; many thanks to Joe Pantigoso from SAP Global Marketing Branding for his outstanding support of the event, and to Ann Rosenberg and John Baxter from SAP University Alliances for their ongoing support of the SAP Duke/Fuqua relationship.
- As a follow-on to both the September Fuqua Marketing Symposium and the October High Technology club symposium events, this was a great opportunity for students to learn more about SAP in a 90-minute forum.
- Prior to the event we hosted a small dinner with Fuqua students, and had a very good evening discussing a wide variety of topics including how and why SAP is such an amazing place to work
- The event was promoted by both the Fuqua Marketing and MMS Marketing clubs to their membership. We had 19 students attend and had representation from the MMS program administration; due to the MLK holiday and the shorter week, some MBA students had class conflicts.
- More than half of the attendees were from the MMS program, including several students who have accepted offers from SAP.
- Fred Isbell, Fuqua 1985, Senior Director of SAP Services Marketing, kicked off the event; his topic of the “Modern Marketer” focused how marketing is in an exciting time, and in the evolution to the “modern marketer” we must address many new challenges, from new marketing technology to constantly evolving priorities and a shifting competitive landscape. We must also address a “skills gap” as we evolve as a profession to address this “new normal”.
- The featured guest presenter, Joe Pantigoso, Senior Director, Global Branding at SAP, gave an outstanding overview and workshop of best practices for branding. He shared practical tools and approach for strategic branding acquired from his own hands-on experience as a seasoned branding practitioner.
- The feedback we received was among the best for any event I’ve been involved with in three years working with Fuqua, the consensus was that we should do more events like this in the future to support the SAP-Duke/Fuqua relationship.
- Several of the Fuqua students also came to the Duke recruiting fair that Robin Kusnick from SAP Early Talent/Recruiting and I supported; the interest in SAP across Duke at the fair was absolutely amazing!
- I was able to schedule multiple meetings with students and faculty during my time there and we look forward to more activity and a continued growing awareness of SAP, and view the classes of two amazing Fuqua Marketing Professors.
SAP Presence at the Duke University Career Fair: