Originally RDS package is developed for Identity Management 7.2 and if you are an IDM 8.0 early customer and need certain functionality available in this RDS package here is a quick beginners guide which does not pretend for completeness, but rather shows minimum set of steps to enable a certain functionality – in this case Copy Identity.
This blog originally was intended simply to test how it works and was not tested on any productive environment. I have got some feedback that as the RDS 1.0 was created for an older version of IDM 7.2. SP5 and simply running the bellow steps can create some issues with schema as the schema is overwritten by RDS package. Thanks to Rene Feister who discovered this and recommended following workaround:
– create new IDM 8.0 ID store
– export the schema
– import the schema in the ID store where you previously imported RDS 1.0. and this should give you the actual 8.0 schema.
To fully benefit from all of the RDS features follow the Initial System Setup in RDS Configuration Guide in the following file RDS_NW_IDM_IDM720_SERV\SAP_BP\BBLibrary\Documentation\D04_IDM720_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.doc which you can find in:
SAP Service Marketplace>Products>SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions (RDS)>Lines of Business>Finance>Enterprise Risk and Compliance>SAP Identity Management>Solution Deployment. For more information use http://service.sap.com/public/rds-idm.
1. Download the IDM 8.0 Patch 1 SCA and deploy it (e.g. via telnet) on the AS JAVA.
2. Install the IDM 8.0 Eclipse Developer environment Patch 1 from the SCA.
In Eclipse go to Help\Install New Software\Add and choose archive and find the location of the Eclipse archive from SCA content
3. Download the RDS package for IDM 7.2 – https://service.sap.com/rds-idm
Go to SAP Service Marketplace>Products>SAP Rapid Deployment Solutions (RDS)>Lines of Business>Finance>Enterprise Risk and Compliance>SAP Identity Management>Solution Deployment and then choose SAP Identity Management RDS Content V1
4. Import schema mcc as shown on the picture.
- Right click on Identity Store Schema\Import and find the import files folder like shown bellow.
- In the lower right corner of the Open Dialog choose the IDM 7.2 “MCC files” and then select the 0256_IDM72_Identity_Store_Schema.mcc file.
- From the Packages node’s context menu import the other two files:
5. In order to see the web forms in the manage tab you need to give the respective role to the manager user: SAPC_IDM_ADMINISTRATORS
Assign this role to the user froms the web UI
6. Then the user should be able to see the RDS forms
You can add to favorites this function copy identity and it will appear in front of Choose task button
If still do not see the new forms in the UI then restart the IDM JMX Java application in SAP NetWeawer application server.
7. Finally in the RDS package constants you should check the following
Double click the identity store
Check that theID of the identity store in this case “1”
Open the idm\admin UI and go to system configuration and open the package constants of the provisioning package and make sure SAP_MASTER_IDS_ID value is equal to the above ID of the identity store in this case “1” and save.
For further details refer the Identity Management 7.20 – Setup and Provisioning (D04) document mentioned above (D04_IDM720_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.doc and the official source for RDS http://service.sap.com/public/rds-idm