As stated in part one (Part 1), to help our customers stay competitive in today’s digital world, SAP’s strategy is based on three pillars: open platform, innovative applications, and the connected network. And having more than 270k to serve, it is important to share how we will help them to innovate their business.
A modern in-memory platform is the prerequisite for modern solution architecture and is the default option in the market soon. At SAP it is at the heart of our platform and of everything we do, being the technology that allows us to build new generation architecture for enterprise software.
For customers to be able to Digitally Transform their business they are looking for ways how to transform fast – so not to get disrupted and to cater to our digitized, networked, and complex world before their competition does. To deliver on this promise to make customers to Run Simple you need to apply some clear qualities.
For customers to be able to Digitally Transform their business they are looking for ways how to transform fast
Here’s how we set the priorities as design principles for all solutions going forward:
- user experience ► Mobile first, instant insight to action
- process execution ► Real-time, ingrained best business practices
- decision making ► On the fly, self-service, predictive, analysis that guides
- innovations ► Insight into big data, connect to the Internet of Things
- collaboration ► Connected to people, devices, things, business and social networks
- business justification ► Lower TCO to adapt to new business processes and models , fast innovation ability
From a technology point of view, and IT needs to be much closer to business again, going forward here are the key principles:
- adoption ► Innovation comes cloud based first and faster, but not cloud only. Hybrid options, on-premise deployment leveraging this innovation as well
- on-boarding ► Trial qualities – see – try – buy, pre-configured best practices
- data management ► Common data model, no aggregates, no replications, in-memory columnar database for transactions and analysis
- integration ► Common business semantics, process and data model
- extension ► Open innovation platform with a rich set of services, on-Premise and PaaS
- roadmap ► Stepwise and non-disruptive adoption
Our customers now have a huge opportunity to harmonize their often fragmented system landscapes since our innovations are running on SAP HANA, the platform that enables unprecedented simplification. This is possible thanks to our efforts to vastly simplify both, applications and entire IT systems, while maintaining semantic compatibility in the data.
How can customers leverage and deploy the innovations?
There’s no one size fits all and we want to give customers choice about how they consume the innovations fastest, always in context of their industry. And even if the deployment model is secondary to the key qualities mentioned above – with SAP we know hybrid environments will persist for the foreseeable future. Don´t let anyone fool you it is cloud only – but yes – simplification and innovation will come cloud first – and certain Line of Business will need this – thus leaning to cloud going forward.
As a consequence our innovations can be deployed in the public cloud, managed private cloud, or innovations can be leveraged on-premise via Enhancement Packages. So let me be clear, since we expect many companies to use hybrid deployment scenarios in the future, they are fully supported.