Please find the document containing step by step SAP Warehouse management configuration. This is really useful for the consultants interested to enter SAP WM Projects.
I hope this documents will help them to reach thier Goal and Career aspiration. Also they can understand how SAP is automating the Warehosue operations and minimize the cost of stock handling & montoring plus reducign the human efforts, avoiding time consumption during inventory handling and also physical inventory process..SAP efficiently handles stock placement & stock removal process. This document will help all the people to know the Logistics configuration. My document was published in SAPfunctional.com website and due to its huge content i like to share the web-link.
In this document i have covered all the WM Concepts. Please find the web link for the complete configuration Details.
1. Concept of Warehouse Management
Define control parameters for warehouse no
Define Number ranges
Define Storage Type
Define Storage section
Define Storage Bins
Define Blocking Reasons
storage Bin type
storage unit type
Define Storage Bin Structure
Define field usage – Material master
Define Storage Type Indicators
Define Storage Section Indicators
Define Storage Bin Indicators
Storage type search
Storage Section search
Storage Bin search
stock placement or stock removal strategies in an optimum way.
Warehouse Management system supports the following Stock placement strategies:
v Fixed storage bin
v Open storage
v Addition to existing stock
v Empty storage bin
v Pallets (storage units)
v Bulk storage
v Near to picking fixed bin
v No strategy (manual bin location assignment)
Stock Removal Strategies
A picking strategy in the Warehouse Management System refers to a procedure whereby the system searches during a pick for a suitable quant within a storage type or a warehouse number.
The Warehouse Management system supports the following picking strategies:
- FIFO (First In First Out)
- Strict FIFO
- LIFO (Last In First Out)
- Partial quantity
- Large/small quantities
- process indicator (for example, stock placement or removal)
- storage type indicator from the material master
- stock category indicator
- special stock indicator
- storage class
- water pollution class (WPC)
- reference movement type
Activate Storage Type Search
Activate Storage Section Search
Activate Storage Bin Search
Activate Storage Bin Type Search
Storage unit types
Defining storage type control for strategies..
In this unit, you set the following activities in the Warehouse Management system:
- Print control
- Physical inventory
- Define transaction parameters
In this section, you set the configuration for the transfer of goods.
This includes the following:
1. Transfer types
2. Movement types
3. Requirement categories
4. Posting changes and stock transfers
Define Shipment Types
Define Movement Types
Define Stock Transfers and Replenishment Control
Seperate confirmation for Pick & Transfer
confirmation per storage type
confirmation per movement type
Define Print Control
Define print control for warehouses with Storage Unit Management.
- Spool Indicator
- Print code
- Create the spool indicators for each warehouse number.
- Create the dependent printers for label printing.
- Define the sort profile for multiple processing.
- Create the print codes for each warehouse number.
- Assign the printers to the individual movements.
- Assign the printers to the picking areas.
- Assign the printers to the storage types.
- Assign the print codes to the movement types.
- Assign the print reports to the warehouse numbers.
- Assign the print control to the multiple processing runs.
- Using the analysis program, check whether the settings comply with your needs.
The following print programs are available:
- RLVSDR40 (general print program)
- RLKOMM40 (multiple processing)
Define Physical inventory per Storage type
Define Differences and Document Limits
- Inventory movement types
- 711 (Clear inventory difference)
- 712 (Post inventory difference)
- Document items
- 50 (Items per system inventory record)
I hope this will definitely useful for both the consultant & user community in knowing how SAP will help to ran the day to day routine & process.
Thanking you All..
Please refer my blogs for SAP WM Related content
Shivakkumar Geetha Venkatesan