This MM Questionnaire documents is very useful for the consultants to perform requirement gathering from business users/ Client IT Deployment team to know the existing process.
Questionnaire for Materials Management (MM) Module (for requirements understanding / understanding clients business process)
Questionnaire for MM Module
Tel : xxxxxxxxxxx
- Explain the SAP system landscape?
2. Explain the org structure in detail?
3. List the different company codes, plants, purchasing organization and storage locations used?
4. Are there any central purchasing organization used?
5. How many storage locations are used in a plant and are they material specific?
6. What are the different purchasing groups used and are they related for specific plants or materials?
7. Do some parts of your organization – branches, departments, warehouses, production facilities, etc. – observe different public holidays than the rest of your organization (e.g., in one production facility, the day after Thanksgiving is a working day, although everywhere else it is a holiday)?
8. Are the days of the week that are working days different in some parts of your organization? (e.g. one production facility operates seven days a week; all the others operate Monday through Friday)?
9. How many types of vendors are there like service, local, imports or one time created under different account groups?
10. What is the approx volume of the vendor master?
11. Are there any instructions / information that you include in purchasing documents for certain vendors but not others?
12. Do your vendors offer discounts for prompt payment (e.g. 1% cash discount within 10 days; 30 days due net)?
13. Are Inco terms specified in your purchasing documents (e.g. FOB Singapore, CIF San Francisco…)?
14. Do you use vendor evaluation?
15. Which criteria are used to compare the vendors (ex: price, quality, on time delivery, quantity reliability)?
16. List all the material types including any Z material types being used?
17. What is the approx volume of the material master?
18. How the materials are valuated depending on the material types (Standard price / MAP price)
19. Is the value of a material the same throughout the company, or can the value of the same material be different in different plants (e.g. the book value of a widget in factory A is $1; in factory B its value is $0.97)?
20. List the different material groups being used in your organization?
21. Is split valuation active?
22. At a given plant, can the same material have more than one valuation price? (Ex: a) Different batches of the same material have different valuation prices b) The same material may be made or bought. When produced in house, the material is valued at standard price, but when purchased it is valued at moving average price)
23. Is material ledger active?
24. Are the materials batch managed and at what level it is activated?
25. When making a withdrawal from stock, how do you select which batch to use? Describe the method(s) you use?
26. Do you use various different units of measure to manage materials in your organization? (e.g. each, pieces, kilos, pounds, gallons, boxes,…)
27. List the unit of measure you use?
28. At what level is the valuation maintained?
29. Is the quota arrangement being used to apportion the purchase volume of certain materials among several vendors? If yes how is the quota allocation done amongst the different vendors?
30. Is source list being used? If yes how it is created?
31. Do you use fixed vendors for some materials?
32. Is the info record used and how is it created / updated?
33. How is the material requirements planned?
34. What type of MRP is used?
35. List all the purchasing documents being used like PR, Quotation, RFQ, Contracts, Scheduling Agreement, and PO?
36. How are the PR’s created (manually or automatic from MRP)
37. What are the different types of PR being used?
38. Do you invite several vendors to quote prices, terms and conditions in a tender / bid / request for quotation process?
39. Is the quotation comparison done in SAP?
40. What types of contracts are used in your organization?
41. List all the types of Purchase orders being used?
42. Is there any approval process for any purchasing document?
43. List all the parameters that control the approval for each purchasing document?
44. Do you purchase any materials from vendors on a consignment basis? If yes, in which purchasing documents?
45. Is subcontracting purchase used in any of the plants (i.e., you issue material components to a vendor who processes them into different materials for you)?
46. Do you ever issue purchase orders to a vendor with instructions that the items be supplied directly to a customer (the ordered items are not received by your company)?
47. Do you issue purchase orders for external services?
48. Do you use the process of Stock transport to transfer the materials from one plant to other in inter or intra company level and what is the PO document types used for them?
49. Do you normally accept over deliveries from your vendors? If yes, you would normally (by default) tolerate over deliveries of up to what percentage?
50. Are there different tolerance limits for different materials?
51. Can the materials you purchase be subject to different tax rates depending on the material purchased, the plant for which the material is purchased, the material’s country and/or state of origin, other factors?
52. How are the purchasing documents transmitted to the vendors?
53. Do you use EDI to exchange purchasing documents with your vendors?
54. Do you use Reminders / Urging letters for the vendors?
55. List all the purchasing documents that are printed?
56. Related to inventory management which of the following are used?
- Goods receipt from vendor with reference to purchase order.
- Goods receipt from production
- Goods receipt from customer returns
- Goods receipt into inspection, considered part of inventory
- Goods receipt into inspection (not considered part of inventory yet, i.e., no accounting postings)
- Goods receipt from subcontracting vendor with reference to subcontracting order (consumes components issued to vendor)
- Other, describe
- Goods issue to customer (Sales)
- Goods issue for production
- Goods issue for consumption (e.g. issue to cost center)
- Returns to vendor
- Goods issue to subcontracting vendor with reference to subcontracting order
- Goods issue to scrap
- Goods issue for sampling
- Other, describe
- Transfer to different company
- Transfer to different plant
- Transfer to different location
- Material to material transfer
- Other, describe
57. When a goods movement takes place, do you print a hard copy of the document evidencing the movement?
58. Are negative stocks allowed in your organization?
59. Is automatic storage location creation allowed in any of the plants?
60. How are the material reservation created? (manually / automatically)
61. Are there any materials which are subject to quality assurance?
62. Which method of Physical inventory is used? (Cycle counting / Sampling)
63. Describe briefly how you verify vendor invoices for goods or services purchased?
64. List the types of taxes that appear on a vendor’s invoice?
65. Of the following which of the variances are used for invoice verification?
- Quantity variance
- PO price variance
- Delivery date variance
- Invoice value exceeds
- Quality control
- Any other
66. Do your randomly block vendor invoices for payment and on what criteria?
67. Are the debit/credit memos used in LIV?
68. Is the Automatic settlement process (ERS) used?
69. What are the various user-exits that are used and for what purposes for any of the process discussed above?
70. List all the different outputs you use for any of the above discussed processes?
71. List any other developed process being used not covered above in MM Module?
72. Which medium is used to send the outputs print out or email or fax or some other?
73. Do you have following documents?
- As-is To-Be document
- Business blue print
- User manual
- Configuration documents
- Test cases used for testing your system
- Any other documents (Please specify)
74. Are you using any Work Around? (Please Specify)
75. How many Z-Developments are their in your system? (Specify the T. codes & Use)
76. Do you have any core team for MM Module?
77. Are you using any workflow triggering in your business process?
78. Are you using bar-code / RFID system and any interface with SAP?
79. Do you use any other interfaces to transfer data to or from SAP?
80. What is the number of MM module users in your organization?
Hope it is useful to SAP Consultants in framing the Questions.
Thanking you All.
Shivakkumar Geetha venkatesan (G.V.Shivakkumar)