Blog It Forward – Gabriella György
Heeey Everyone! 🙂
I was blogged by my nexus Caetano Almeida (Blog it Forward – Caetano Almeida) and I’m here today to accept this challenge and create my own BIF blog, talking a little bit about myself. You can find more information about this on the blog Blog It Forward Community Challenge and add your name into the Blog It Forward (BIF) Chain if you want to join it.
My name is Gabriella György and I’m 24 years old. I’m living in Budapest with the two loves of my life, my boyfriend and my puppy named Dió (Walnut).
I was born in the beautiful city of Pécs, where I graduated as a Business Information Technologist. I worked at a creative agency for 7 years as a professional IT, law, marketing and business English translator and a year at an electronic manufacturing multinational company in the logistics area, where I participated in an SAP implementation.
I work at SAP since the beginning of 2012 in the PP (Production Planning) and SCM (Supply Chain Management) teams, where I’m responsible for MRP, Repetitive Manufacturing, Demand Management and Enterprise Inventory and Service-Level Optimization.
I’m kind of an “everythingshouldbeatleastperfect” person, which sometimes leads to funny moments in my life. E.g. when I was coming to the interview at SAP I arrived 3 hours earlier, just to make sure that my train’s not late and I have time to think over everything I want to say. It was fortunate that I chose to go early, because I was so nervous that I took the wrong stop. This wouldn’t be a problem in the first place, but I thought that walking one stop is not a big deal and walked about 2 kilometres (with GPS 😀 ) when I realised that I’m lost and there is a wall all the way next to the road and I cannot cross to the other side where SAP is located. So I headed back in my pretty clothes and high heels to the first place I left the bus, crossed the road and walked again to find the office… Fortunately there was still time to have a hot chocolate and relax and on the top of it, I was hired to work here 😀
In the past few years I learnt a lot and got to know a lot of interesting people and new friends, I also got an opportunity to visit places like Pittsburgh, NY and Madrid. Btw our team is really awesome we organise team breakfasts many times and celebrate everyone’s birthday with cakes. Last year I became an SCN and Wiki moderator for SCM and a Space Editor for the EIS page and I was asked to be the Reporting Key User of GSC Hungary.
This is my baby, Dió, who is a half-year-old red longhaired dachshund 🙂 And a real gentleman 🙂
Fun facts about my Country
So Hungary…no we are not hungry and we don’t like this joke 😛 (click for larger image)
And this is our capital city, called Budapest divided by the river Danube. In fact Buda and Pest were two separate cities till 1873.
Fun facts about me
- I love Japanese culture and would like to learn the language. My big dream is to visit Japan once. My favourite manga is Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne by Arina Tanemura.
- My biggest passion is cooking and I like to see people eating my food with joy 🙂
- I play World of Warcraft.
- When I was in elementary school I won a bunch of literature and poem/storytelling competitions and showed up in some TV shows.
- I hate when people address me by my full name, Gabriella. It is like when my parents told me that I’ve done something wrong. Pls call me Gabi 🙂
Questions asked by Caetano
If you were 20 again, what would you study?
- Well, that wasn’t long ago…I think I would stick to Business Information Technology, it worked out 🙂
What do you enjoy most in your work and why?
- The people I get to work with. There is so much to learn from them and to make new friends wordlwide. It makes me happy when I’m the one who can help the others.
What is your favourite musician/band?
- This is the question that should be never asked from me…my iPod contains everything from classical music, Disney songs, french musicals, Linkin Park, Selena Gomez, japanese anime openings, Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé, Yvonne Catterfeld, HiM, Metallica…so yeah figure it out. If I had to choose then I would say my favourites are anime openings/endings in German and in the last couple of months I really enjoy covers directed by Kurt Hugo Schneider on Youtube.
Answer to 3 optional questions (2 from BIF and another one made by myself)
If you could be a super hero (or are in your spare time) who would you be?
- A time-freezer. I could use that “time” to learn, go from one place to another (teleporting would be nice too), read books, play, saving baby carriages running off the road …anything.
What is your professional life dream?
- To be able to answer everything in 5 secs like my nexus 😀
Which book/movie could you imagine yourself to live in?
- Definitely Star Trek 😀
Blogging it Forward 😀
I’d like to blog it forward to the following people:
Please answer the questions I have answered in the optional part 🙂