In his document on Installing the Smart data streaming plugin for HANA Studio, Jeff Wootton listed a set of configuration steps that includes creating the Streaming server connection in the SAP-HANA Run-Test perspective. This blog post provides a bit more detail on how to add a new server connection.
There are 3 basic steps required:
- Define the URL and port for the new Streaming server connection
- Specify the User ID and password to use for the Streaming server connection
- Connect to the Server
1. Define the URL and Port for the new Streaming Server connection
Within the SAP HANA Streaming Run-Test Perspective in HANA Studio, you need to go to the Server View panel on the left side and click on the “New Server URL” icon.
This will bring up the Server Connection dialogue where you will need to:
- Enter the Host Name of the Streaming node in your HANA system
- If you have a 2 node HANA system with the core HANA server running on “hananode.subdomain.com” and the Streaming server running on “streamingnode.subdomain.com” then the host name to specify will be “streamingnode.subdomain.com”
- Port # for the connection
- The port # will have the format 3XX26 where XX = the Instance # of your HANA system. If the Instance # is “00” then the port # will be 30026. If the Instance # is “14” then the port # will be 31426.
- Check the SSL checkbox since SDS connections from HANA Studio require SSL
2. Specify the User ID and password to use for the Streaming server connection
Now that you have defined the Streaming server URL, the connection will be listed in the Server View panel of the SAP HANA Streaming Run-Test perspective. The next step will be provide the User ID and password to use for the server connection. To do this, you need to right click on the Server connection in the Server view panel and choose “Change User Name and Password” from the pop-up menu.
This will open the Set Credentials dialogue where you will need to:
- Enter the HANA user ID to be used to connect to the Streaming server
- If you are getting started, then the HANA “SYSTEM” user has full permissions on the Streaming server and can be used for this connection.
- Enter the password for the HANA user ID
- (Optional) Check the “Use Secure Storage for Streaming Credentials” check box if you wish to store the user ID and password to reconnect at a later time.
3. Connect to the Server
You are now ready to connect to the Streaming server by right-clicking on the Server connection in the Server View panel and selecting “Connect Server”.