Oops! A one-two punch to kick off 2015 for SAP Gateway for Microsoft! Following the announcement of a comprehensive SAP Gateway for Microsoft virtual course from Microsoft Virtual Academy, we are now releasing the developer trial version of SAP Gateway for Microsoft 1.0 SP3 in SAP Store.
The long-awaited developer trial version includes the latest SP3 Visual Studio add-in for SAP Gateway for Microsoft. You could experience the easy of use and capabilities of the templates and tools. Yes! to integrate SAP data with Microsoft Office and any .NET Visual C# applications. For example, using the template, you could surface SAP data such as workflow and contacts from SAP to Microsoft Outlook in just 10 minute! Too good to be true? See a video here.
Sounds exciting! You talk me into development mode. Now what? Just follow the steps below.
1. Get SAP Gateway for Microsoft – Developer Version,
- Download free SAP Gateway for Microsoft – Developer Trial Version from SAP Store.
- If you don’t have Visual Studio 2010 or 2013, you can download Visual Studio 2013 90-day trial from Microsoft .
- Install Gateway for Microsoft following this video. The video was recorded for SP2. However installation is pretty much the same for SP3.
2. Connect SAP Gateway for Microsoft to Gateway OData services,
- Sign up to use SAP Gateway Trial OData services.
- Or connect to your own SAP Gateway OData services.
3. Build great apps consuming SAP data and processes,
- See example of app surfacing SAP workflow to Microsoft Outlook here.
4. Still need more helps! Ok, no worry, help is on the way,
- SAP Gateway for Microsoft virtual course from Microsoft Virtual Academy. Featuring instructors Holger Bruchelt from SAP and Shoshanna Budzianowski from Microsoft, the course offers 6 sessions from integration topics for IT Pros to development topics for Office 365 developers using SAP Gateway for Microsoft.
- SAP Gateway for Microsoft Self-paced Learning is a series of presentations and video demos. You can get in-depth training based on your interests and learning pace.
5. Ok, after all that I have created my amazing apps, but nobody seems to be paying attention. 🙁
- No problem, we can help you, post your apps in our social media channels – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube. Let us help you promote the solutions. Well, just a reminder, the trial is for the trial, if you want to go production, you will still need to use a licensed product.
Sure this is a great start, enjoy the tools and hope you have a lot of success in 2015!