I’m so happy that SAP Lumira Edge Server has been released to customer! Here’s a quick overview of what we have with this initial 1.0 shipment:
This is an on-premise edition of Lumira Server for smaller teams: The Lumira Edge Server edition brings the power of a new, embedded, lightweight, in-memory acceleration engine called Velocity, whilst running on commodity hardware. This standalone server product is typically suited to Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) & Lines of Business (LoBs) and is aimed at use-cases that consume smaller datasets and have lower complexity.
- It’s quick to download at 660 Mb zipped. Once installed, the footprint on disk is 2 GB, so it’s small & cheap to host.
- The server-side installation itself takes about 5 minutes, and is super-easy as there’s only 1 input screen!
- Post-installation, there’s almost no configuration at all, and the administration is minimal.
- The Administrator creates Users from the Members screen, defines their Role (end-user / admin), then license Type (concurrent / named):
- The Administrator defines Groups for the various teams of Users:
- The Administrator assigns Users to Groups:
- Only an Administrator can end sessions from their console. Also change licenses and restart the server from the Maintenance screen:
- When Users log-on, they can view shared Lumira documents online:
- Users can edit & visualize documents online. They can also Compose stories & infographics over the web:
- Desktop installations will need to be pointed to the Edge server, via the Preferences screen:
- Local desktop documents can be saved (uploaded) from the desktop client, to the Lumira Edge Server repository:
- Saved documents can then be downloaded again from server for desktop usage, or shared with other team mates via the server:
- To download the software, please visit https://support.sap.com/software.html and follow the path: Analytics -> Lumira Team Server -> Lumira Team Server 1.0 -> download object 51049398.
- Customers can obtain technical support by searching along component BI-LUM-EDG and logging bugs via Report an Incident | SAP Support Portal
- Other recommended resources for this release include:
- User and Admin guide (combined in one): http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/LumE1/en/lum_ee_10_en.pdf
- Release Restrictions: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/LumE1/en/lum_ee_10_rel_rest_en.pdf
- A 5-minute recorded demonstration of Lumira Edge can be found here:
I guess all i need to say now is, Happy visualizing! We @SAP can’t wait to hear your feedback on the product, we are listening.
Please don’t hesitate to ask questions on this blog, or alternatively, please open up a discussion thread in the Lumira forum.