SDK Development Community Git Repository (list & documentation)
This time a shorter blog on new content in the SCN development repository – list of available components and documentation.
After change from the different repositories into one, the documentation and list of components which are available in the common repository
the list of components were not available any more. Further more, we have to target one source of truth for the information about the parameters of the components and methods which are available in scripting. Therefore I worked on a small program which can generate the HTML documentation based on SDK API (contribution files).
I didn’t wanted to make the perfect procedure, but one which is primitive and makes what we need. Therefore the choice was made by me for a procedure which is most effective for me – parser in Java. The content is in two files (per component) – contribution.xml and contribution.ztl – the first is simple XML, so parsing is easy. the second one is Xtext content, so real parsing would require inclusion of xtext components which I wanted to avoid – this means this part is also made by simple string parser (and this is enough until some new constructs will break the parsing)
The program is cut for use in the combination with the sdkrepository and sdkinstall package, it would need some changes to make this general available for any other use.
What is IN?
First of all, again a full list of components is available, you can easily check what is available.
Every component is described by following parts:
- Technical Name / Package
- Official Name as visible in Design Studio
- <some external text, not all components are yet updated>. Here the link to blogs can be easily maintained (example for today – Accordion, http://org-scn-design-studio-community.github.io/sdkinstall/web/components/basics/accordion.html)
- VISIBLE PROPERTIES, all properties which are directly in property area
- VISIBLE EVENTS, all events which you can use
- FUNCTIONS LIST, short list of available functions – with link to details below
- HIDDEN (TECHNICAL) PROPERTIES, properties which are defined in the components, but used only internally
- FUNCTIONS IN DETAIL, description of every function with details on parameters, help as in design studio with examples
How does it look like?
Summary, next Steps
I hope already this first version will help you to check up what is available.
Further investment is requried in:
* some option to document content of advanced properties (as this cannot be easily generated)
* double check the styling of the help page – should be not bad, but I have not invested too much in pixel perfect styles, jsut have chosen some green table styles from open source
Mike Howles – please bind this overview pare in your blog to have the connections.
P.S. year 2015 will bring for sure many additional content into the community – whoever want to be part, just contact me and Mike.