Participants at the Business Transformation Summit in Berlin returned to their companies ready to fly–with great ideas for transforming their company’s business models. Now is a great time to put these insights into action. Here are the top 10 New Year’s resolutions for business transformation success in 2015:
1. Think differently. To innovate like start-up, think like a start-up. Keep the entrepreneurial spirit alive. Organizations and leaders that dare to venture off the beaten path tend to do things differently–and achieve unconventional, successful results.
2. Invest in the right ideas. Kirkegaard’s lendary axiom is also true for business. Business, like life, can only be understood backward. But it must be lived forward. As technology evolves over time, patterns emerge. By learning to read the milestones from the past, you can better predict which ideas are likely to succeed or fail.
3. Break the rules. Don’t just think outside the box. Destroy the box. That’s when you’ll discover the “white-space”– the entrepreneurial zone where a new product or service solves a problem, improves costs or efficiency, or creates something new altogether.
4. Underpromise; overdeliver. Set realistic stakeholder expectations up front. Pick the right people for the right job. Then sit back and watch the fireworks. It’s an unbeatable combination for great outcomes.
5. Embrace change. Change is the only certainty, so thrive on it. Just make sure you have a back-up insurance policy in the form of a flexible, robust IT landscape. That will make “rolling with the changes” infinitely more manageable.
6. Visualize. To achieve success, imagine it in beforehand in your mind. When you visualize your plan, you’ll stay more focused. And that will help you reach your goals faster.
7. Simplify. Leonardo Da Vinci said it best: “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” When we do complicated tasks simply, even the most
complicated business IT goals become attainable.
8. Incentivize. Motivate your team to get it right on your next mega project. Unconventional methodologies like financial incentives, transparency and a no-blame culture can accelerate breakthrough innovation at a lower cost.
9. Persist. Success hides in unexpected places. Keep the innovation fire burning so that you seize opportunities when they present
10. Partner with Business Transformation Services (BTS). Put your ideas into action with BTS. Get more out of your SAP investments, transform your business, and put SAP innovation to work in your business faster. In this video, you can see how the Value Partnership Service (VPS) and BTS are transforming some of the world’s largest companies.
For a closer look at the game-changing ideas from the Business Transformation Summit, visit the event website.