How to adjust your SAP EAM WebDynpro to the users needs! Update
There is new version 2.5 of the EAM Web UI Implementation Guide EHP7 available!
The version 2.5 covers, in addition to the already existing version 2.0:
- object based navigation and launchpads
- how to adjust the asset viewer
During the recent development cycle SAP addressed the topic of Simplification in Enterprise Asset Management. During implementation in many cases there are requirements from users side, to adjust the process or the content of a screen. Here you find the necessary information how to adjust your SAP EAM WebDynpro to your users’ needs.
The focus of the EAM Simplification development project was on enhancing the Webuser interface with new and rich functionality as well as using the newest features of the underlying WebDynpro ABAP technology. These improvements enable maintenance planners and maintenance workers to use the EAM Web user interface to do their jobs more efficiently. In a series of blog posts I delivered a choice of different of these enhancements and explained what is possible now in Enterprise Asset Management via the Webuser interface.
- See my blog post about “Info Center”
- See my blog post about “the structured search help”
- See my blog post about “New functions in Maintenance orders”
- See my blog post about “New features for tables”
- See my blog post about “User personalization”
- See my blog post about “More detail on the new EAM screens – Quickviews”
- See my blog post about “Simplification in EAM – Summary”
All these topics are bundled in the EhP7 Business Function “LOG_EAM_SIMPLICITY_3” and do not require any additional license on top of the existing enterprise foundation license.
To find all the details on adjusting/enhancing the WebDynpro Applications to your users’ needs SAP created a “How to”-guide (EAM Web UI Implementation Guide EHP7). You will find topics like:
- How to get started with the SAP Web User Interface
- How to change the Web Dynpro Configuration
- How to adapt applications and how to personalize on user level
- How to configure POWL e.g. to add fields or user actions
- How to use side panels in the SAP EAM Web UI
- Which BAdIs and User Exits are available
In addition to that, you will have the opportunity to discuss all relevant EAM topics with the SAP experts during the upcoming SAP-Centric EAM Conference, in Huntington Beach, CA, US on March 8-11th, 2015 – find details here!