The document is about one of the tool of Solution Manager7.1 i.e. CATEGOTOOL. The tool is not only use to maintain or Export/Import Multilevel Categorization Schema but also user can create the schema in his local language using this tool. The Multilevel Categorization Schema can be accessed through WEBUI(Transaction SM_CRM). The document will describe about what can be done using this tool.
Multilevel categorization is used in Incident Management and Change Request Management which enables to individually design the categorization of business transactions(e.g Incidents) on up to 10 levels. It integrates functions such as auto completion, item determination based on categories and search for related problems, knowledge articles and change requests.
This categorization schema can be maintained manually as described below or uploaded using the import function of transaction CATEGOTOOL.
The Transaction to open this tool is CATEGOTOOL
The Processing options in transaction CATEGOTOOL are:
- Export Schema: The categorization schema can be exported using this option. Mention the schema ID and execute.The template is saved as a text file on your file share. You can export in multiple languages by defining the language range.
2. Import Schema: You can import the new schema using this option.
There are two options for importing a schema.
1) Import Schema – In this method the new version of the categorization schema can be imported. For import select Import Schema.Give the path of your categorization schema and choose Import .The new version is imported as draft version.
Note: Do not forget to release the new schema version.
2) Import Names and Descriptions – In this method the changes can be done to the existing active categorization schema.Perform the changes with a text editor and then select Import Names and Descriptions. In the next screen select the categorization schema and choose Import Names and Desc. Now the modification can be seen in your selected categorization schema in WEB UI.
Apart from these features,there is one more feature that can be done using this tool.
We can also import same categorization schema in different languages. Schema defined in English won’t be visible when logged using German language. We can add as many translations of different languages as we want for the same schema.
This allows the user to see the schema in his local(logged in) language.
Text is visible when user logged using English Text is invisible when user logged using German.
To overcome this follow these steps:
- Go to the transaction CATEGOTOOL.
Export the schema. Save the text file.
Change the language in the text file (e.g. English,EN to German,DE) mentioned below. And if you want the text to be appear in other language like in DE then convert only the text of the category to that language.Save it.
4. Now import it using option Import Names and Descriptions in transaction CATEGOTOOL.
5. Now the text will be visible and in that language for the same categorization schema in WEBUI in which the user logged in (DE). In this way the user can see the schema in his local language.