Have you considered the option of authoring Lumira stories on HANA views directly within Lumira Server without publishing the HANA views as datasets from Lumira Desktop?
The purpose of this blog is to introduce you to the option of authoring content directly on top of HANA views within Lumira Server.
Lumira Server is the web front-end for authoring Lumira content and sharing it with the relevant business user community.
It is well known that end users can upload csv/xlsx datasets to Lumira Server, but it is lesser known that Lumira Server provides authoring capabilities on all the underlying HANA content which a specific user has access to. As Lumira Server is an add-on installed on top of HANA extended application Services Engine, it has native access to SAP HANA’s calculation engines thereby greatly enhancing the performance. Please refer to the SCN blog on How SAP Lumira Server Runs on SAP HANA by Ashish Morzaria for more details .
Steps to Author stories on HANA Views within Lumira Server
- Log into HANA studio and create an Analytical View.
2. Save and activate the view.
3. Log into Lumira Server with the same user credentials as what was used to create HANA views.
4. Once you login, you will find your HANA view listed as a dataset within Lumira Server launch pad.
5. Double click on your dataset, Lumira Visualize and Compose tabs are launched. Defaulted to Visualize room.
6. You can now create your visualizations on the dataset and proceed to create storyboards as you would do with any other datasets.
7. Once you are done composing, save your story:
8. Share the story
9. Navigate back to the main Lumira Server launch pad and you will find the newly authored story:
Lumira Server has explicit content authoring options for .CSV/Excel data sources, but an implicit content authoring capability to author content on
existing HANA views (as long as the view exists in HANA and the user is authorized to access the view, they would be listed in Lumira Server’s Launchpad).