Recently we had come across few issue related to syncronization of appointments/calendar entries betwee LN and CRM system. And after long time chasing the issues and searching SAP notes/googling I have come across few points that we should consider while troubleshooting.
So thought of sharing it with you all, in case if this comes handy in solving the issues related to Lotus notes/Outlook <->groupware server<->CRM system.
There few things we should look at while troubleshooting the sync issue such as…
1. Check for stuck entries for ISP_* queue in SMQ1 and SMQ2.
If you find any then, check if re-processing the stuck entry processes the queue.
2. If re-processing entry does not help then try to login into Groupware server (Windows) to check further on it…
Click on Lotus Domino Admin Console by navigating as shown below
Check if you find any lock entries in Current Locks section
If yes, choose the entry and press Unlock & Accept button to release the lock entry.
Try now to re-process the entries in the queue if that gets processed.
For any error entry found in result screen; click on the Show BDoc Message Ext. Data to see what the BDoc is carrying
This will display BDoc body containing data, click on the entries to see is the data carried is valid or not. (like proper syntax, data validation, proper application name, etc)
4. Check Business Partner for the affected user.
Every user working with LN and SAP, synchronization should have a valid Business partner associated to its user name with required roles
Email should be maintained in CAPITAL letters.
5. Other check can be performed in SE80 –> CMW_MAPBOX as Package, from the programs select CMW_DISPLAY_MAPBOXSTORE, run test after double clicking on the selected program with following inputs
MBKEY: Email ID of the affected user
It should result in a XML file as shown below with APPID as ACT.
ACT is important value. This tells us that CRM is linked to groupware.
6. To confirm the given user is linked to groupware you can cross check in UserList.xml file present at Groupware server, check if the user email address exists in the the file.
7. Connectivity issue can occur due to services running on Groupware Windows’s server.
Two related services running on Groupware server
- CRM service: SAP Lotus Groupware Connector 2.1 —> This connects to CRM
- Lotus Notes service/Proxy service: SAP Lotus Groupware Connector Proxy 2.1 —> This connects to LN
The service 2 is dependent on 1
While restarting the services please follow below process:
- Shutdown the LN/proxy service
- Shutdown the CRM service
- Start the CRM service
- Start the LN/proxy service
8. If any of the above steps does not help, you can try trace/debug the user activity at groupware server level.
Note: Tracing/debugging should be done for short period with sync in with user, so that there are limited numbers of the log/trace files that helps in locating errors in them.
To enable the tracing field you need to check the Checkbox Super user Mode*
Make sure the trace is not activated for long time this will fill the File system.
The Dumps are written at IN and OUT folders of GWA_01 location @ Drive:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Groupware Connector 2.1\Lotus\Connector\XmlDump
You can also increase the trace level in logging section with the path where the logs should be stored…
Hope this document assist you all in dealing with sync issue.