I believe every SRM consultant has sometime wonder “why so many dates”?
Find bellow a simple description of the meaning and effect of each one:
- Start Date: Day start date and time for submitting bids. If you not complete this dates, the supplier might enter a bid as soon as the Rfx is published.
- Submission Deadline: Last date and time for submitting bids. This is the only required date.
- Opening Date: Key date on which RFx responses tendered for an RFx are opened for perusal. If you do not complete this date, the purchaser might open the bids as soon as they are sent by the bidder.
- Technical RFx Response Opening Date(Only for two envelope Bidding): Key date on which Technical RFx responses tendered for an RFx are opened for perusal.
- End of Binding Period: The binding period is the date until which bidders are bound to fulfill any bids they submitted.
- Valid From/To: the validity timeframe for the RFx.
Hope This Help !