How to install BI initial content for Galaxy?
Your Galaxy installation should be connected to a BI system. See How to connect Galaxy to BI document.
Install Initial Content
Once the source system has been created, data sources and other BI objects can be created. Galaxy offers a content package with pre-configured BI objects in order to use quickly the process analytics data in BI. To access these objects, the package should first be installed for your source system. The screenshots below describe the steps to follow to install the package:
- Start the transaction
RSOR. If you are already in the Data Warehouse Workbench, just click on the BI Content tab in the left panel.
- Press the button to select your source system. The following pop-up will be displayed:
- Press the Deselect All button.
- Select your source system in the system.
- Press the Continue button.
3. Select the Packages item in the BI Content menu.
4. Select and expand the package with the technical name
RS_BCT_GLX (the packages are sorted by technical names).
5. Select the In Dataflow Before and Afterwards option in the Grouping menu.
6. Select the Collect Automatically option in the Collection Mode menu.
7. Select the List option in the List menu.
8. Select the two info areas and two applications in the
RS_BCT_GLX package and drag-and-drop them into the right panel.
9. Select the Install option in the Install menu.
The installation of the BI content package can take a while. Once the package has been installed, a report is displayed in a new panel in the bottom of the window. You might see some errors about the installation of some data sources. Don’t pay attention to them.
Check Initial Content
Once the installation of the BI content package has been done, you might want to check if the content has been correctly installed.
- Execute the transaction
RSA1to open the Data Warehouse Workbench or select the Modeling menu item in the left navigation panel.
- Click on Source Systems item.
- Double-click on the source system for which you installed the BI content.
- Press the button to hide the empty application components in order to display only the application components you just installed.
- Expand the different nodes to list all the data sources.