Budget on Asset Purchase
Dear SCN Members
Most of the companies intend to apply budget to prevent over spending on assets purchased , which constitute major part of the companies annual expenditure.
this expenditure is classified under Capital Expenditure ..so all companies would put good control on both asset purchasing process and safe guard.
i will explain in this document how you can purchase an asset using preventive budget. there are two common scenario for asset purchasing using budget
– investment measure.
– Statistical Budget.
In this document i will focus on option no. 2
We have two available alternative to purchase the asset:
- Purchase asset first as asset under construction , and then capitalize after completion on related asset.
- Direct Capitalization of asset.
To apply both scenario you have to follow both steps:
- Create Screen Layout for asset under construction & required asset classes that you intend to purchase asset and capitalize directly without accumulating the cost and capitalize it in later stages.
Menu Path: Spro-Financial Accounting (New)-Asset Accounting-Master Data-Screen Layout-Define Screen Layout for Asset Master Data
you choose the required asset classes ( or Asset under construction ) to activate cost order in the screen layout as below:
click on Logical Field Groups on the left screen and choose Time-dependent data and click on Field Group Rules, then change the status of the cost order (21) from No to Opt ( Optional )
and click on both Main No and Sub no. to allow this field on both asset main and sub number.
repeat the above steps to all asset classes that you intend to use in this scenario when you will apply both options.
2. Create Asset Class ( Asset Under Construction ) allowing line item settlement
follow the menu path :
Spro-Financial Accounting (New)-Asset Accounting-Organizational Structures-Asset Classes-Define Asset Classes
T-code : OAOA
After creation on new asset under construction classes.we will move to MM area to activate the internal order field in account assignment A which will be used while asset purchasing.
T-Code : OME9
now you need to check you internal order configuration , if it has budget profile and apply statistical posting for asset.
Apply Statistical Posting T-Code OAK7 ” Create cost element Type 90″ or from KA01
Check your internal order budget profile
T-Code : KOT2
i will contribute another document describing how to create a budget profile and activate the availability control..
now to the configuration process has finished you now need to know how to apply the scenario
- Create Internal order T-Code KO01
- Assign Budget amount in the created internal order T-Code : KO22
- Create Asset Under Construction T-code : AS01 and assign the internal order in the asset number in time dependent tab
- Create Purchase requisition or purchase order on and use the account assignment A that will allow you to insert the asset number and internal order ..
- try to create the PR / P.O with amount higher than the budget limit .. you will have a message informing you that budget exceeded and you will not be able to save the PR/P.O
- Settle the AUC to Final asset using T-code : AIAB
Hope this document will help to put more control on Asset purchasing procedures..
if you are moving from the investment measure to the above scenario and keep the investment measure running till you finish the open orders related to it , you should not create cost element to the AUC GL for investment measure and create another AUC GL for the New cycle and create cost element Type 90 for it.
Mahmoud El Nady