Closing the current Change Cycle and open a new One
SAP highly recommends, that customers close their Maintenance Cycle on a regular basis.
- This allows a meaningful Reporting on Change Activities per Change Cycle.
- On the other hand closing the Maintenance Cycle regularly helps to avoid a potential performance impact on the long run.
A Change Cycle is closed by processing the Change Cycle Document to the final CRM User Status:
- SMMN for a Maintenance Cycle with Task List Variant SAP0,
- SMMM for a Maintenance Cycle with Task List Variant SAP1,
- SMDV for a Project Cycle.
Take over open Change Documents to the next Change Cycle
When you close the existing Change Cycle, for instance a Maintenance Cycle and open a new one, you are not forced to close all Change Documents, which belong to this Change Cycle.
SAP Change Request Management allows to take over open Change Documents to the next Change Cycle.
Project Completion and complete Closure of all related Change Documents
In SAP Change Request Management no automation for the Closing of Change Documents, which belong to a ChaRM Project is available.
However ChaRM offers program CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT as Standard Solution for Closing of Change Requests and Change Documents, which belong to the Change Cycle.
Before utilizing program CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT, you should check the following:
- Status Profile Customizing (for the referring Change Cycle Document: SMMN, SMDV),
- ChaRM Condition: SUB_ITEMS is defined for Change Cycle Documents SMMN and SMDV.
With the help of program CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT you can search for any kind of open Change Documents with various search criteria as:
- Open Change Documents per Business Partner, Team, etc.
- Open Change Documents per CRM User Status,
- Different Service Process related search criteria, as ‘Transaction Type’, ‘Posting Date’, etc.
After having made your selection, you can let the program further process the open Change Documents up to their final CRM User Status.
In addition the program offers a ‘Test run mode’.
Of course, the program CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT can be also utilized in order to close IT Service Management related documents such as Incidents or Problems.