ABAP in Eclipse: The Feature Explorer experience
- Please introduce yourself and tell us how long you’ve developed with ABAP
Hi! I’m Gabriela, and I’ve been around developing in ABAP language since 2006.
I’m from Brazil and love to learn new technologies, and the last years were filled with a lot of changes since I’ve began on this area. So many new things to learn, it’s really hard to follow everything. I’ve participated in many implementations and I’m specialized on HR development, but already did some developments aside HR, for other SAP modules. I’m always trying to reach the top of the technology and be in tune on what’s on and what will be.
- Did you know about Eclipse before you took this ABAP in Eclipse Explorer challenge?
Yes, on college I have already developed in Eclipse using Java and C++ to achieve tasks given by the teachers.
- Do you think the feature explorer is helpful to onboard new developers?
Sure. When you don’t have an idea on where to start, it is a very nice place to start.
- What is your favorite feature of the beginners tour?
The challenges that make you explore the framework features.
- Have you explored additional features of Eclipse that you like?
I love the debbugging view of eclipse, which have a great variable viewer and in-memory features which help a lot when searching for code problems. And love to have a framework which I can work with many languages at the same time, with a smart code auto-completion, code check when typing the code, and many other features which Eclipse help when developing software.
- Mention some ABAP developers in the community that should know ABAP in Eclipse. You can use “@” and then type their name so that they get notified when you mention them.
Flavio Rasseli, who like me, love to be in tune with the new things to come.