Reporting on Hierarchy in SAP-HANA
This document explains about how to create Level Hierarchies in SAP-HANA.
Please follow below steps to accomplish this:
1. Create a simple attribute view (ATTRIBUTE_VIEW). This view will join two tables EMP ID_1 and EMP_REGION
2. Select the output fields as shown below (This selection is based on the requirement)
3. Creation of Hierarchy EMP_ID_1
- Click on CREATE hierarchy as shown below
ii. Select the Hierarchy type as – Level Hierarchy
iii. Provide the input for the Hierarchy levels. Example:-EMP_ID_1 and EMP_REGION
4. Save and activate. Attribute view is activated
5. Create analytical view by making use of an attribute view created (ATTRIBUTE_VIEW)
6. Open MS-Excel and goto DATAàSelect FROM DATA CONNECTION WIZARD
7 . Select OTHER/ADVANCED Option
8. Select SAP-HANA MDX Provider
9. Provide SAP-HANA login Credentials
10. Select the Package and select the Analytical View Created i.e. ANALYTCAL_VIEW
11. We will get screen like below.
12. Select Dimensions and Key figures based on the requirement as shown below
13. Now we are able to view hierarchies
Nicely Presented Dheeru, Expecting More Hana Based Docs..
This is really helpful to beginners to start HANA
Thanks Hari and Shiva,
Will try to post more and more articles on HANA
This is really helpful for beginners.
yes, really helpful to begininers...
Good Article on Hana, nice to know..
very useful information 🙂