SAP HANA Cloud Portal Movie Critic: HCP Extension Package – Discovery Consulting
I recently joined the HANA world working as part of the SAP Web IDE product team. The SAP Web IDE is a web-based development tool designed to support the end-to-end lifecycle for Fiori and SAPUI5 based applications. It is available over SAP’s HANA Cloud Platform (HCP) service.
As part of joining SAP I learned about SAP’s strategy. It is no secret that SAP invested heavily during the last few years in the cloud through acquisitions, such as Ariba, Successfactors and lately Concur. In addition SAP is also investing in organic growth to the cloud through HCP and related activities.
Going through the list of available videos on the SAP HANA Cloud Portal Movie challenge, the following video immediately caught my attention. From the title I immediately understood that it is not going to discuss a specific feature, “how to” or even a specific product. This video is going to be about a strategic concept that shows how SAP is implementing its cloud strategy.
First I’d like to provide a few general comments about the clip
- It is professionally produced
- The background music is spot-on, which improves the viewer engagement.
- I believe it conveys all messages clearly and in a delightful and engaging way
The following were clearly presented:
- SAP is providing enterprise cloud services: Successfactors as a talent/HR management solution is only one example of what SAP is doing.
- It positions well SAP as well as its specific partner and through that the whole idea of SAP partners network. Clearly presenting the collaboration between SAP and its partner.
- Scaling SAP solution scope by enabling partners to develop add-ons.
- Monetization in the cloud era – Developing a solution for a specific customer, generalizing it and promoting it for additional sales through SAP’s marketplace. In this era, even small partners can gain massive market visibility.
- Position SAP as an end-to-end integrated solution provider through seamless integration between SAP’s cloud solution and SAP’s on-premise system.
- From a customer perspective he gets the same look and feel regardless of where the data is coming from and where/how the application is consumed.
In conclusion –
SAP made a remarkable move in the cloud that leverages and complements SAP’s on-premise offering.
I’m anxiously looking forward to see what’s next to come from SAP.