SAP Screen Personas: 2014 in Review
During the year, I had the privilege of meeting with over 50 SAP Screen Personas customers. It was great to hear your challenges surrounding complexity in general, and specifically around SAP GUI usability. I’m pleased that SAP Screen Personas is part of your journey towards allowing you to run simple with SAP.
2014 turned out to be a very big year for the SAP Screen Personas team.
- We had dozens of customers go live on SAP Screen Personas 2.0
- SAP made the product available to all NetWeaver customers through a licensing change
- We released SAP Screen Personas 3.0, which removed the Silverlight dependency with an all-HTML5 editor and rendering built into the Web GUI.
Let’s look at few highlights during 2014.
- April -We announced our first Rapid Development Solution (RDS) on SAP Screen Personas to speed deployment with some templates and best practices.
- May – We released the SP2 service pack for SAP Screen Personas 2.0.
- June – At SAPPHIRE, we announced that SAP Screen Personas was included with NetWeaver license.
- June – Also at SAPPHIRE, Vocera, Nestle, and Freescale talked about their experiences with SAP Screen Personas.
- August – SAP Screen Personas 3.0 entered ramp-up.
- October – At TechEd Las Vegas, Kiewit and RA Chisholm talked about their experience with SAP Screen Personas.
- November – At TechEd Berlin, University of Warwick discussed their SAP Screen Personas project.
Our work is just beginning.
- We are planning for new releases in 2015 Q1 of both version 2.0 and version 3.0.
- We have started working on our OpenSAP course which will start around the end of March 2015.
- We expect some great sessions at the 2015 SAP events.