How to Create an esf File and change the selections in Data Manager Package
This document is all about how to create .esf file manually for Text/CSV file to fill selections of Data Manager Package.
This will be helpful when you want to selectively load lots of Dimension members values while running a Data Manager Package.
1. Log on to EPM Excel client, In Data Manager Tab, Click on Run Package
2. Select the package which you want to Run. In our example select “Clear” Package and Click on “Run”.
3. Select some members.
4. Click on Save
5. Give some name to .esf file, in our example “Clear_Data.esf”.
6. Now log on to SAP Netweaver and go to T-Code UJFS.
7. Enter name of Your Environment and click on Execute.
8. Navigate to your esf file where it is stored (see screenshot below). In our example “clear_data.esf”.
9. Right Click on file and click on Download Document.
10. Click No and save file to your Desktop.
11. Now open the “clear_data.esf” file stored on your desktop in Notepad, it will look like
12. Now add some Materials, and save the file.
13. Now again go to SAP Netweaver, Right click on folder in which you want to upload, in our example right click on “Clear” folder. Then Click on Upload Document from PC. Select the esf file from Desktop and click “Open”.
14. Now go to Data Manager Package, again Run the package, then Click on “Load”
15. Select the esf file which you have uploaded from SAP Netweaver, and click on Open.
16. You can see the Members filled in selection which are added in notepad.
17. To see the Members in detail, click on Add in MATERIAL Dimension, you can see extra members as well which are manually added by you.
Hope this will be Helpful.