So I thought I would document the following steps to help others facing this issue.
1. Download Visual Studio 2013 free Community edition here: Visual Studio 2013 Free Community Edition
2. Hold the control key and go to Help->Tools->IE Settings Dialog in the NWBC Client.
3. Make sure the “Disable script debugging” checkboxes for both Internet Explorer and Other are not checked and that “Display a notification about every script error” is enabled as shown in the highlighted options below.
4. Make sure that NWBC is open and open Visual Studio 2013. In Visual Studio go to DEBUG->Attach to Process…
5. Select NWBC.exe and press Attach.
6. Here you will see the open Internet Explorer sessions within NWBC.
9. For some reason which I am not sure of, you are unable to debug and step through by setting break points in the code above. In order to debug your code you will need to add in a debugger; statement into your code as shown below. This unfortunately is not an option if its a SAP standard UI5 Application.
10. Now when this UI5 Application is opened via NWBC it will stop in the Visual Studio Debugger as shown below.