BOM Explosion on HANA in SAP ERP EhP 7
- Bill of Material is a formally structured list of the components that make up a product or assembly. The list contains the object number of each component, together with the quantity and unit of measure.
- BOMs are used in their different forms in various situations where a finished product is assembled from several component parts or materials. Depending on the industry sector, they can also be called recipes or lists of ingredients and so on.
- Time validity and changes to a document structure can be controlled by using Engineering Change Number.
- Explosion of BOM is used in MRP, Material provisions for production, Product costing, Plant maintenance
Big data: Explosion of Bill of Material becomes very complex considering big amount of data as BOM being multilevel and also having complexity of Parameter Effectivity, Change numbers etc.
- BOM on HANA enables customers to directly have faster explosion on HANA, which can be consumed by various applications.
- Providing various modular part of BOM explosion like parameter effectivity etc. which could be plugged in or out with minimal efforts
- Supporting Order BOM, WBS BOM in one BOM explosion transaction.
Code Push Down to HANA is taken as approach for BOM Explosion on HANA. This approach is selected as there is no single expensive statement which can be pushed to DB layer and rest of the code be at application layer. In case of BOM explosion entire code involves lot of uncertainty in terms of number of levels, BOM determination, date validity etc.
Business Benefits & robustness of the Solution
- There are new transaction provided for HANA based BOM explosion CS11h, CS12h, CS13h so that there is no disruption to existing transactions.
- Customers can use new transactions with new function module for consuming HANA based BOM explosion.
- There are two flavors of BOM explosion i.e. BOM explosion for MRP and BOM explosion for single BOMs
- Interface can take multiple material at a time for BOM explosion.
- BOM Explosion with HANA show significant improvement for big DATA and benefit becomes more and more if DATA volume and BOM Explosion Complexity increases.