You want to launch the complete WebClient UI from the SAP Enterprise Portal. This page will show you how to externally integrate portal to launch webUI or IC WebUI.
Attention: This is NOT about the WebClient-Portal full Integration which is described in IMG under: UI Framework->Portal Integration->Overview.
This page provides the steps needed to be executed in order to launch full WebClient via the SAP Portal. The system landscape must be configured in such a way that minimum domain relaxation (only the server name is removed from a domain) is enabled. Maximum domain relaxation (domain is reduced to two segments like “sap.com”) is not supported.
Please check following “Steps needed to do” part.
Steps needed to do
（some screenshots are big, you can click on the screenshot or use the scroll bar at the bottom to see the entire picture.）
Steps for CRM 7.0 and later:
- Step 1: Logon Portal and launch the iView Wizard under Content Administration to create a new iView based on an iView template
- Step 2: select iView template and click next
- Select SAP BSP iView as the template type
- If there are more entries with the same name, select the one that displays “portal_content/templates/iviews/sap_bsp_iview” as tooltip
- Step 3: Fill relevant information in General Properties
- Set the name, ID, prefix, language and description
- Step 4: Definition Type of BSP
- Select “Application” as the BSP definition type and click next
- Step 5: Maintain BSP Parameters
- Choose CRM system
- Set the BSP application to “CRM_UI_START”
- Set the start page to “default.htm”
- Set “Application Parameters” to “crm-ext-integration=true”.
Optional: Select the desired CRM business role, for example “&saprole=SALESPRO”, and “saprole=IC_AGENT” for IC WebUI.
- Step 6: Summary
- Select “Open for editing when wizard completes” to prepare the next step
- Select “show all” in property category
- Ensure that property “Use URL-Based Session Tracking” is set to “No”
- Ensure that iView property “Launch in New Window” is set to “Display in separate Window”.
- Step 7: Create a new portal role and assign the newly created iView to it
- With the iView is selected, right click on the folder and select new->role
- Enter the role name, role ID, Language and Description, and the click next and finish button
- Click “Open the object for editing” and then select “show all” under property category
- Set Entry Point as Yes and save
- With the role is selected on the tab, right click on the iView and select “Add iVew to Role” -> Copy
- Step 8: Assign the portal role to the user
- Click tab “Delegated User Administration” and search the corresponding user, then click tab “assigned roles” and button modify
- Search and add the role we just created to the user, then save
- Then we can find the tab on portal and logon WebUI from portal
Steps for CRM 6.0:
- Follow the same instructions as for CRM 7.0 with two exceptions:
- BSP Application name is CRM_UI_FRAME ( for CRM 7.0 it is CRM_UI_START)
- Property “URL-Based Session Tracking” is now set to “Yes” (for CRM 7.0 it is set to “No”).
Related SAP Notes/KBAs
SAP Note 1353456: How to launch the WebClient UI from the portal
SAP Note 1175590: How to launch IC WebClient from the portal