HCM Processes & Forms: FPM Search Help DUMP using wildcards? Yeh, me too!
Ok….this is a short one….just making sure no one else hits this “fun” issue so hopefully I have included enough key words here that people will hit upon when searching.
You trigger a standard search help pop-up from some field on your FPM form. In the pop-up, you select the “Search Criteria” option to further filter your “hit list”. In the search criteria field (for example, “work schedule rule”) you enter a value with a “wildcard” (ie. you use “*” or “+”).
You receive a “dump” that states “Error while processing your query”. It might list an exception “type_not_found” or something else.
The issue is actually in our standard FPM feeder class CL_HRASR00_FPM_FEEDER implementation of interface method IF_FPM_GUIBB_OVS~HANDLE_PHASE_2. You may see code in there for note 1860549 which handles wildcards, but there is a further error. The exception comes in the “describe_by_name” method call that tries to find metadata for the field we entered our search value into to insure it is a character field type (ie. so that it truly allows wildcard searches).
Upon hunting here, there and everywhere, I actually found the correction….but it is incorrectly listed (too specific) as related to “Job search help”. The note actually will fix ANY search helps having this problem. The fix is:
Note 1981790 – Job search help dumps when using wildcard search
So yeh….after first debugging a while to find it….then searching all over for a fix….I stumbled (literally!) into that one. Just glad it is fixed and hope this blog helps others find and resolve it more quickly than I did! haha
Nice find Solomon. Thanks for sharing!
Just trying to save others from SAP imposed headaches. haha 😛
A really good description for this Dump and issue. Thanks again for sharing your knowledges Christopher.
I'm waiting since more then 6 month for a solution from SAP to released the OSS NOTE 1635929 for HRRXX 607. Then we don't work with the FPM feeder. But the Dump appear also searching. As I was debugging I've founded that the error is the one which is solve with OSS Note 1635929 at CL_POBJ_LEVEL1->BUILD_EXPRESSION_SEL_OPTS. But is not released for 607 only for 606. I haven't so much luck as you...so that after debugging it was solved...